Chapter 18.

Hey guys!

Enjoy reading.

*********

"Are you really sure you want to do it, Mr. Thorne?" Her uncertain voice was heard on the other side of the phone, "You know this is not right. Lily doesn't deserve it. She will be so hurt." Alastair could make out the effort she was putting in to make him retreat.

"I know what I am doing and this is the only way it should be done." Alastair's voice was firm as he was determined and nothing could sway him. "I don't only intend to break her trust that she had for Easton, I want to shatter it instead." He was not only aiming for the trust, it was the love that was his ultimate goal. The shards of the broken trust would slowly yet painfully kill the love she had for Easton.

Sarah's heart shivered at the menacing thought of the powerful man forcing her to help him do something evil, "This might shatter her trust the way you intend but I am certain this is not the path that will get you to Lily's heart." She did not know why he could not see the consequences his plan had. His plan could make Lily hate Easton but it also had the potential to make her loathe Alastair even more.

"You should worry about yourself instead. After all, I have more than enough resources to turn any table around but you, Ms. Quinn, is a weak and helpless pawn so I suggest you do what you are told otherwise you know the consequences." His threat was followed by the beeping sound, indicating that he had disconnected the call.

Sarah groaned out of helplessness she felt at that moment and hit her hand on the steering wheel. She did not want to do it but she knew she had no choice. Alastair left her no choice. He threatened her with something so precious that she couldn't afford to lose. Ironically, Sarah also knew that even after doing what Alastair had asked her to do, she would eventually be ending up losing Easton.

She could not understand the game Alastair was playing because it was the game where no one would be winning anything even the mastermind himself. Sarah knew Alastair would also end up empty handed by the time he was finished just like the rest of them yet he was hell bent on playing the round.

Her phone vibrated as the screen lit up and the text she received from him displayed that read, "You know what will happen if you even think about crossing me." She rolled her eyes at the yet another threat and continued reading, "Also make sure Lily wears the dress I have bought. Tonight is very important and she needs to look the absolute best for me."

Sarah clenched her fist tightly as she punched the steering wheel again in frustration. She wished to disappear to avoid participating in his atrocious plan or better yet she wished for Alastair to disappear from the face of earth.

Letting a long sigh of helplessness and cursing her fate she finally started to drive towards Lily's house.  It took Sarah around an hour to reach her destination and stepped out hurriedly. She was assigned so much work to do from Easton as well as Alastair and she had no moment to spare.

Lily was already waiting for Sarah. She was eager and excited to go to the event with Easton. It was the first time Easton was taking her to his work related events. Not that he had any major event he was invited to before but she had never shown him any interest either. Lily did not really care about his life outside the house and she wanted to change that because she had realized that it might be what was keeping Easton away from her. Her lack of interest regarding his dreams and ambition might have created the boundary between them and she took it on herself to fix it.

Alastair had not bothered her at all since he stormed out on her two weeks ago and she was at the stage where she could forget all about it. She had assumed he had dropped the idea of ruining her life and she thanked God for it.