Chapter 5.

Hi Guys,

I am sorry for the delay in update, I know some of you are really waiting for the next part so here it is.

Also, I am going to make a weekly update from now on but before that please help me choose the day, should I update on Tuesday or Thursday? Do tell and you will get the next update accordingly.

*******

Lily felt a strange shiver down her spine as the raspy voice of the man vibrated in her ears and she turned her head to look at him, her eyes fell on him and she restrained herself from frowning when she still found him looking outside the window. She could only see his side profile and his prominent jawline managed to make its presence known even in the dim yellow light.

She squinted her brows a little as she shifted in her seat to get a look of his face but it was like the man was trying to deliberately avoid her as he too shifted a little. However, before Lily could look at his face her phone rang loudly bringing her back to reality and she quickly looked inside her purse and pulled the ringing device out that was disturbing the eerie silence of the car ride.

Lily's eyes lit up as soon as her eyes fell on the caller ID and she stopped a small smile from forming in her lips as she bit the inside of her cheek. She reckoned that he might have cooled down by now and was calling her out of worry for not finding her where he had left her.

Lily knew that whenever Easton gets angry, he leaves. It was his defence mechanism as he tends to say a lot of hurtful things when angry and she knew he did not want to say something hurtful to her in anger and that was why he left but she was a little disappointed this time because this time he had left her in a place that was not their home.

She reminded herself that she needed to be upset and kept on looking at her phone, mustering up the determination to tell him that she was upset but the phone went silent and before she could panic it rang again. She did not waste a single second this time and answered the phone immediately and pressed it on her ear.

"H-Hello East-"

"Where are you?" She was interrupted by his cold voice and Lily could tell that he was still angry and it just made her grip tightly on her phone as she felt herself getting scared, "I left you there hours ago, are you still celebrating your birthday?" Easton's voice was filled with mockery and his teeth gritted.

Lily gulped a non-existing gulp and quickly answered, not intending to make him more mad that he already was with a delayed response, "I am on m-my way. I will reach in-" she looked outside to see where she was to give him the approximate time but Easton was not patient enough and interjected her in the middle.

"Fifteen minutes." She heard him announcing on the other side "Its twenty minutes to midnight and I want you home before that." His tone was firm and she felt herself panicking as she knew she was nowhere near her neighbourhood and it would definitely take her more than fifteen minutes to get home.

"Easton, no please listen to me I am," Lily stopped as she had no idea where she was exactly and continued after a brief pause, "I am far away it will take some time." She completed, her voice soft and on the verge of pleading.

"Don't bother coming home past midnight, Lily because if you do then I swear to god I am not going to take any responsibility." And the line went silent after that. She stayed still with her phone still pressed on her ear as it took an entire minute to comprehend that he had disconnected the call like that.

Lily brought the phone down and kept staring at the screen, hoping to get a call back but her mind kept on playing the last words he had said like a recorder and she failed to understand what he exactly meant by that.