Chapter 17.

Do not forget to vote and comment.

Enjoy reading.

***********

Leaning against the glass wall, the brown-haired female slid down on her knees while the warm water cascaded down her naked figure. The running hot water caused the glass to go hazy as the shower cubicle was devoured by the thick layer of steam.

Her sobs echoed in her ear as she sat there on the floor, hugging her knees close to her chest. She shivered violently, her breathing pattern was irregular and her chest heaved up and down hysterically. Her pretty hazel eyes were swollen due to the continuous crying for hours.

Her chest hurt with the thought of doing something behind Easton's back. She knew what she had agreed to do would deeply hurt him and every fiber of her body wanted to back away but Alastair's warning was still resonating in her mind.

Sarah had never in her wildest nightmare had imagined that she would harm Easton in any way. The man had shown her nothing but kindness and love, something she had craved for her entire life.

Sarah had fallen a victim of someone's desire before, had been treated brutally and was locked up like an animal. She knew the difference. She had lived that difference. Easton had shown her the difference.

She had seen the same desire in Alastair's eyes for Lily. And the fact that she would be pushing Lily off that horrifying edge she knew was soul wrenchingly deep was making Sarah loathe herself. She did not want to do it.

Although Sarah was not certain what Alastair had in store for Lily but as a victim of a man's desire, she could predict it would not be something pleasant. She did not have any other option though, Alastair was too powerful and appeared crazy to her. She cannot endanger Easton's life. He was the only person she had and she would be damned if she failed to protect him.

Sarah sat there under the shower for about an hour. She hardened her heart and sharpened her mind with every drop of tear that her heart shed, locking her principle away in the back of her mind as she prepared herself to become a puppet for Easton's sake.

She stepped out of the shower, feeling herself getting weak. She knew her body temperature had risen. It could help her block her mind to wonder and for her to easily pass out. It was the only way out to stop the ache for a while.

She walked all the way to her bedroom naked with slow and unsteady steps and pulled out a random sweatshirt with a jogger, the clothes that were twice her size swallowed her dainty figure the way she preferred, covering every bit of her scarred and dirty skin.

She could not bear to look at her skin, she did not like to. It made her feel used and dirty. She had also found herself pathetic to look at when naked and the monstrous engraving in her back was one of the prominent reasons.

She often wondered how engraving those dirty words on her back with a knife must have made that monster feel. It had been years and she still had no idea why he treated her that way. She wanted to know what was her fault, wanted to know why he had to ruin her like that and with the way things were unfolding Sarah questioned if she would ever get the answer.

She knew Easton had taken priority in her life and if it came down between getting her justice and protecting Easton, she would risk her life to save him. She loved him that much that she was ready to forsake the monster who locked her up in a basement for a month only to rape her again and again at the mere age of fourteen.

As Sarah's mind was occupied with the atrocious past with unanswered questions swirling around, Lily's eyes were keenly set on her husband. She looked at Easton with longing in her gaze while her heart sheltered the questions she wanted to ask. She trusted Easton, she really did but what Alastair had said made her wonder if it could be true.