Chapter 3.

Hey Guys!!!

Hope all of you are doing fine. Here is the new chapter and I hope you will like it.

Please vote and share you thoughts with me on comment section.

*******

Friday came sooner than expected for Easton and he half heartedly returned home to take Lily out for dinner. He found her in front of the mirror, her back was facing him as she seemed to brush her hair.

"Is this what you are going to wear for dinner?" His sudden voice startled her and in that startling state a surprised gasp escaped out of her mouth. Her heart beat increased and she turned around with her right palm pressed above her heart.

Her eyes fell on him and her heart returned to its normal pace with the familiar face of her husband. Lily's lips instantly stretched up in a wide smile as she looked at him, he came. The thought that he kept her promise to return for her birthday despite his busy schedule warmed her insides.

"I asked you a question, Lily." Easton remained unfazed from that heart fluttering smile and reminded her that he was still waiting for her to answer and a look of disappointment took shelter on his face the moment she nodded her head in affirmation.

"You just do not know how to dress for occasions." He sighed loudly as he looked at her from head to two. The disapproval his gaze held was conveyed to her and she instantly felt herself getting self-conscious.

She looked down at her outfit. It was a simple powder blue dress made up of satin. The dress was ruched around the breast area and was hugging her waist, highlighting the natural little curve she was blessed with and the dress flowed freely till her knees and she had paired it with a white two inch heels.

"Do I not look good?" she mumbled as she looked up at him with an unsure voice. When she had slipped in that dress, she had felt beautiful but now the disapproval his gaze held made her squirm in anxiety and she scratched the elbow of her left arm.

Easton noticed that action and knew she was getting anxious. It was her habit that whenever she was nervous or anxious, she would scratch the elbow of her left hand which happened a lot, resulting in some marks to last forever.

"You look beautiful, Lily." That was not a lie. Easton knew Lily was beautiful, too beautiful that he had found himself luckiest when he got married to her. "It's just that I have made the reservation in some fancy restaurant." He said as he walked towards her.

He put his palm on her left cheek as he cupped her face and kissed her softly on her lips. She felt herself closing her eyes as those fireworks burst through her stomach and she instantly found herself melting in his touch. The kiss was soft and she could not help but squealed like a girl in her mind as it was almost around two weeks since he had last kissed her.

Easton pulled away after a minute as he looked at her and just like he had expected, she was a mess. The heat of the kiss was clearly visible on her cheek and it made her blue eyes shine more brightly. She was indeed a beautiful mess.

"Happy birthday, Lily." Easton said softly and that soft voice sent a spark down her spine and she instantly threw herself at him. Her arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to herself as she enjoyed his warmth and let out a contented sigh the moment he hugged her back.

Lily had missed this. She had missed his soft voice. She had missed his gentle kisses and his affectionate touches and she had most certainly missed his warm embrace that kept her away from the cold of loneliness.

It was after around thirty minutes when they left home in Easton's car. Lily smiled like a fool, all the way from her house to the restaurant. She was so happy that day. It had been months, almost around six months since they had gone out to eat together.