Chapter 12.

Hey Guys!

I hope all of you are doing good.

Enjoy the weekly update and share your opinion.

*********

The dinner went peacefully well without any hassle and Easton was really pleased oblivion from the lingering eyes of his guest that kept going back on his wife. He might be ignorant but the hazel eyed woman was very observant.

It came naturally to Sarah, having been in a terrible situation she had learnt to always be on guard and to observe her surroundings for the tiniest bit of threat or harm. She would not say that Alastair was appearing dangerous to her but the way he had been eyeing Lily with those curious eyes of his was making her doubtful.

Sarah could tell that Lily had also noticed those eyes on herself because she kept squirming in her seat, showing signs of not being comfortable. Sarah was not surprised when Easton failed to notice it, men hardly do especially when they are happy.

Not being able to withstand Alastair's gaze upon herself for a minute long, Lily stood up from her chair as she passed a tight smile to Easton and excused herself, "I will go and bring dessert for everyone." And with that she walked away.

Alastair deemed it to be the perfect opportunity to finally talk to her and made sure to seize it by deliberately spilling wine over his expensive custom-made suit jacket.

Easton offered to walk him till the powder room but Alastair denied, "You should not leave in the middle of your dinner, Mr. Maxwell. I will go to the restroom by myself."

Alastair finally managed to get away from the persistent Easton after assuring him that he would manage and turned into the hallway he had seen Lily disappearing into. It did not take Alastair more than two minutes to spot her in the kitchen, all thanks to their small house and lack of servants around.

She was standing near the cake stand placed on the kitchen counter, her back facing him as he soundlessly and slowly walked towards her and stood just a few steps away from her.

Lily was engrossed in her work, cutting the cheesecake that she had made into few slices that she did not hear the intruding sound until she heard her name being called, "Lily,"

It really felt so satisfying for Alastair to finally call her by her name instead of addressing her as someone's wife. His voice held amusement that he had felt while calling her name along with the subtle hint of longing.

Lily turned around abruptly as a loud gasp escaped from her pink painted lips as she found Easton's creepy guest in her kitchen. Her eyes instantly widened upon seeing the distance between them and she tried to back away in order to create some needed distance between them only for her back to hit back with the counter.

"Mr. T-Thorne?" Lily shuttered in panic, "W-What are you doing here? Do you n-need anything?" She asked but her eyes were looking past him towards the entrance of the kitchen hoping for her husband to come right along.

"Lily, I need to talk to you about something important." Alastair started not giving any heed to her panic state he continued, "I know this might break your heart but listen to me very carefully, okay?"

Lily's heart shuddered in fear when she saw him taking a step closer to her, her mind went blank not paying attention to what he had said to her she found herself shivering in terror in the presence of the unknown but perverted man.

"Lily, are you listening to me?" Alastair asked to make sure that he had her attention. He wished to tell her the truth in detail but he did not have much time hence he was required to make it quick.