Chapter 8.

Hey guys!

I hope all of you are doing good and enjoying the story because I am not really enjoying writing it. I don't know but I am feeling like that my writing skills have depleted. I am unable to write detailed scene and I don't know if you have notice but I could not portray the emotions of the characters well and hence the story seems to be hollow.

I don't know if it is a writer block or what but I really hope it gets better because I do want to write a deep story that touches your heart and make you question your morals.

Send me blessings and vote and comment, please!

And enjoy!!!

*******

Easton stepped out of the car, fixing his suit jacket he made sure to pat away the non-existing dust. His nervous gaze eyed the tall building that stood in front of him, making him gulp in anxiety. He took a deep breath, to boost his confidence and motivated himself and soon enough, the hues of ambition clouded his brown eyes that seemed to eliminate the traces of nervousness.

He knew he could do it. He had to do it. He owed it to his dreams. It was the first step that would take him further down the road of success he desired to walk on, it had to be done. There was no room for mistake or failure as he had waited enough to get an opportunity like this and he knew better than to let it go in vain.

He stepped inside, wearing his best expression that screamed confidence. He knew he needed to pretend that he belonged to such a place until he really would. He knew in the game of chasing success one had to fake it till he really does make it.

Easton was met with the brunette who owned a beautiful pair of hazel eyes as soon as he entered the conference room. Her gaze was sharp as she noticed his presence and stood up from the chair she was sitting on and approached him.

She wore a pink button up shirt that was securely tucked under a pink high waisted short skirt. Her brown hair was tied up in a loose bun with the middle partition in the front. The sound of her high heel clicking against the floor echoed as she approached him. The girl was confident and appeared fierce and independent.

"Good morning, Mr. Maxwell." She greeted him in a professional tone. It was hard to detect the emotions her voice held. "The entire team has been waiting for you to start our presentation in front of Mr. Thorne."

"Should we start preparing? The meeting is due in ten minutes. Mr. Thorne will be arriving soon." She added.

Easton nodded at her and turned to look at his team, the three other members apart from him and the hazel eyed girl and started to order them to prepare everything for the presentation and the team complied.

The door to the conference room was pushed open after a few minutes and a confident man with light brown eyes stepped inside, cladded in a navy-blue suit with a white button up shirt underneath followed by the two other people, one woman and a man.

Easton and his team stood up from his chair upon the arrival of the man that held the powerful aura and reeked of confidence. Easton smiled as he forwarded his hand towards the man and politely greeted him, "It is a pleasure to meet you in person, Mr. Thorne."

The said man passed the professional smile as he firmly shook the hand of the man in front of him. "Likewise, Mr. Maxwell. I was impressed by your ideas that I have received via email and wanted to hear what you have in mind thoroughly."

"I am honored, Mr. Thorne and my team will not let you down." The formalities were exchanged politely and the presentation began soon that lasted around an hour as Easton was successfully able to pitch his ideas with his team to Alastair Thorne, a multi-billionaire who owned a chain of hotels across the world along with real estate who had recently started a new luxurious cruise line for the elite socialites.