Twenty two

"What is this prosecutor Kim? How can you do this?" The judge fixes his glasses while the file gets passed to him. "None of the people in the court would've believed me if I directly accused Hwang foods for murder. So I proved them wrong." The judge clears his throat. "I will take time to respond with the result, everyone."

He says as you sighed, "I also had a witness, your honour but apparently the date of the testimony is moved for no reason." You said in the mic and pushed back your hair strands from your face. "What is the proof that kang junhoo died because of eating some packaged food?! It could be other packaged food? Or worse, he actually took the drugs"

Sua shrugged as you inhaled, "the autopsy revealed it prosecutor jung." She scoffed, "then show it in the court? You say and we believe it's not how it works, prosecutor Kim." you shuffled through the documents and passed the report. "This report is expired." You frowned, "what?! How can it be possible?!"

You shuffled through the documents again, "the expiry date was yesterday. You should check your documents first, prosecutor Kim." Sua says, rolling her eyes. "Okay then. Bring the doc who did the report. I'm sure this is his working hours." Judge sighs, "request fulfilled."

Sua scoffed, "I cannot believe that you decided to throw such rumours on Hwang just because an oldie died. Do you easily believe what people tell you, y/n?" She asked, waiting for the doc to arrive as you looked at her. "He was my dad's uncle, prosecutor jung." You sternly spoke as she chuckled.

"Hah! Here comes the daughter of the town! Fighting for her dad and blah blah. Sucks to be you y/n because you weren't even there in his dying hours. He couldn't even tell you he was about to die. Poor Kim jihun." You take a deep breath, "Sua I'd like you to shut your mouth before I claw my nails which are worth more than your whole outfit inside your mouth."

She chuckled, "it hurts, doesn't it? Prosecutor Kim." You rolled your eyes and decided to ignore her who's just trying to fume you. Soon enough the doc came inside the court and gave his swear to tell the truth. "Kang seonghwan. You're the head of the autopsy department in Gangam district, right?"

He nods his head, "well, on July 24, you did an autopsy of kang junho. What was the cause of his death, could you please quote it down for the court?" He took a deep breath and fixed his glasses. "The cause of his death was a stomach infection, which led inside the bloodstream and the docs couldn't stop it."

You inhaled, "were there any signs of urosyn or any sort of drugs?" He fixed his black round glasses again. "No. He used to smoke." You frowned, "what?! The reports clearly say he had streams and particles of urosyn present in his urine and bloodstream!" You loudly say as Sua internally smirks.

"yeah. Because he had blood cancer." You inhaled, "you just said he had a stomach infection. What the hell are you saying?" You said as Sua stood up. "I object! your honour! Prosecutor Kim is misleading her own witness!" You eye him, "says the truth seonghwan. Lives could be saved."

You whispered to him while the guilt of not giving enough attention to this creeps on your heart. "Doctor kang seonghwan, are you telling the truth?" He nods his head, "yes, your honour." "Then how the hell a totally opposite report was made?! Would you care to explain that?!" You exclaim in your mic.

"Mind your language prosecutor Kim! This is a court! Not your house!" Sua loudly says In her mic making you coil up your fist, rage filled inside your chest flowing through your veins. "The reports were an accident. I wasn't there when they were being typed. I said what I saw In the body."

The court started to murmur loudly as the judge silenced them. "Silence!" He clears his throat and fixes his mic. "The court gives another chance to prosecutor Kim to prove her actions right. The court is dismissed until next Tuesday." He says and gets up to leave.