🌸Rationality - Alhaitham x Neutral! Reader

."Are you kidding me!?"
You shouted as you threw the document you've been working on to the wall. You then glared at the man in front of you-who was still reading his physics book? Idk. You sighed. "Look at me when I'm talking, Alhaitham. Does everything that me and Kaveh do mean nothing to you? We need to do lots of explaining to the people just to cover you-" "I did not ask for your assistance nor do I ask Kaveh. I don't care what they say, as long as I execute my objectives right and that all of them mean nothing to me. Why would you bother anyway?" Alhaitham finally lifted his face to look at you, unimpressed. You crossed your arms and narrowed your eyes at him. "Because we both care! We care about you! Why are you so dense? It's as obvious as that. I can't stand it when people talk about you with a negative perspective, that's why I decided to cover up you and your rationality. But you always do things that keep them talking." Alhaitham sighed and rolled his eyes. "Are you done yet?" You were surprised by how calm he was about your concerns. "Alhaitham, what the hell- I'm serious! Why are you feeling so calm about all the efforts I put for you?" He looked at you in the eyes. "I don't care about it. What are they going to do? All they do is talk. It won't solve the problems I've been working on. And your assistance? I don't need it. It won't affect me anyway, so just mind your own business." You widened your eyes as you gasped. You looked down at the floor. "I see..." You pushed him gently as you proceeded to reach the exit door of your office. Alhaitham then grabbed your wrist. "Wait, where are you going? Aren't you going to finish your document? You're supposed to submit it later, right?" You turned to face him with emotionless eyes and smiled. "Ah, I've already finished it and I'm handing it in now. Well then, please excuse me." He let go of your wrist as you went out of the room, closing the door behind you. Alhaitham stood there. "Did I say something wrong? Why do I feel hurt?" He put his hand on his chest.

--------------------------

"You are resigning? What's the reason?" Azar asked you-clearly didn't agree with you stepping down the position as a sage that benefits him the most. "I.. just feel like it. I don't feel like working here anymore. I don't have a specific reason to resign, but..." He felt heavy to let you go, giving the contributions you've done for the Akademiya. He sighed. "Fine. If you feel like coming back, just come straight here. You're always welcome to take the position back." An unsatisfactory look rested on his face as he crossed his arms. You nodded and bowed. "I appreciate your cooperation and offer, grand sage. I apologize for the sudden decision. I will keep in mind the offer." With that, you left the Akademiya. "No one should be home at this time..." After a brief walk, you arrived at your shared house and went straight to your room to pack up. After packing your things, you wrote a note meant for Kaveh and went out of the house. You locked the door as you slid the key under the door gap. "I will remember you...maybe.." Then, you proceeded to make your way back home in Liyue Harbor without anyone knowing except for Kaveh.

--------------------

"I'm home.."
You opened the door and were surprised by how clean it was. "He really took it seriously.." Before you leave to Sumeru, Zhongli had promised to look after your house and he kept his promise. You and Zhongli had been friends for quite a long time, ever since you were a small kid. A smile formed on your face as you walked in and unpacked your things. You lay on the couch as your mind slowly drifted away, leading you into a deep slumber.

----------------------

".....(Y/n)"
"....(Y/n)!"
You woke up in a shallow pond full of lotuses as you sat up. You scanned your surroundings, but only lotuses were in your sight. "(Y/n)!" You heard your name being called, but it was faint. You tried to stand up but fell on your back onto the ground due to the vines pulling you down. You tried to escape its grip but failed. The vines then pulled you into the water as you desperately tried to free yourself. Seeing no chance of succession, you gave up as you closed your eyes. "(Y/n)! Grab my hand!" You heard your name being called again, but this time the voice felt as if it was so close. You opened your eyes and was shocked to see Alhaitham reaching out his hand towards you. "Come on!" You then use your free hand to grab his as he pulls you out from the vines grip. You then felt a pair of arms hugging you tightly as if you were going to leave them forever. You looked at him and saw tears streaming down his fair cheeks. "Please don't leave me again... I need you." You were shocked. You placed a hand on his cheek to wipe his tears as he leaned in your touch, but then, his image cracked with green linings. Both of you were shocked. "Alhaitham?" You called out his name, but as he tried to talk, his image shattered into green particles. "Alhaitham!" Then, you felt the ground shaking as your surroundings shattered.