🌸Presence - Alhaitham x GN!Reader

Ever since I met you, I always feel something stirring in me whenever you're close. I have never felt something like this before and it's unfamiliar to me, completely foreign. You've changed me, Y/n.

.
.

However, it's not like I dislike it.

.............................

"Soo how about I treat you to a dinner tomorrow? As a thank you for helping me out with the project." You looked at the architect while waving your hands to refuse the offer. "Ah, no no it's alright. I do want to help you wholeheartedly so that will be unnecessary. Thanks for offering though." You smiled, but Kaveh gave him a serious look. "No way I'm letting that off. You are going to dinner with me. No buts. 9pm, Lambad's Tavern. If I don't see you there, I'm going to find you and drag you there." You sweatdropped and immediately nodded. "Good. Ah, we are here. Thanks for walking me home, though it's unnecessary." You gave him a close eyed smile. "Of course. I'll be seeing you tomorrow then." Kaveh grabbed the knob as he turned around, smiling. "Yep. I'll see you tomorrow as well." Before the both of you could bid your farewells, the door opened almost immediately as Kaveh got yanked forward. A tall male with grey hair stood at the other side of the door as he looked at the both of you, but stare as his eyes landed on you. Kaveh frowned. "You prick, why would you open the door like that? Could have gotten me flying, you know? Well, whatever." The male stepped aside as the blonde walked inside, straight to his room to clean up. He then looked at you as you sweatdropped. "A-ah, pardon me. I will get going now. Uh, good night." You bowed before turning to leave, but a hand grabbed your shoulder, preventing you from walking any further. "You aren't from here, are you?" You gulped as you nodded, not daring to look at him in the eyes. Something intimidating about him scares you. "You don't have a place to stay, am I right?" You flinched as you slowly turned to look at him. "H-how did you know?" He stayed silent before opening his mouth. "I never see you at the city and I was there the whole day." You looked away. "Right.. I don't. I just got here, not before helping Kaveh on my way here. I guess I'll just find a place to stay." You tried to free yourself from him but failed as he tightened his grip on your shoulder, making you winced a little. "T-that hurts.." Alhaitham paused for a while before realising that he had gripped your shoulder a bit too hard as he released you. 'I hope it's not bruised or anything..' You thought as you put a hand on your throbbing shoulder. "Sorry.." He gave you an apologetic look, though usually people might not notice it, but you saw it. You shook your head and looked at him, smiling. "It's quite alright though. But, it's really late, I should get going now. See you." He held you back again but this time grabbing your wrist gently. "Where do you think you're going? Get inside. You can't get a place to stay at this hour." You blinked a few times before shaking your head. "No no, it's fine. I have a friend who runs an inn not far from here-" "Stay." He said with a serious look. You were hesitant but slowly nodded. He grinned and immediately yanked you inside as you yelped.

You looked around the house as your eyes sparkled with stars, examining every single detail, from the interior designs to the beautiful patterns on the door. As an architect from Inazuma, you were so fascinated by the details that symbolises Sumeru-the floral pattern. The colour choices, the shapes.. you can't help but stare in awe. You were so lost that you didn't realize Alhaitham had been calling out to you. He gave up but then he remembered what happened to your shoulder and since your clothes was a bit loose, he could easily take a quick peek at your bruised shoulder and felt guilty that he had overdone it. You felt cold and looked at your exposed shoulder before realising that Alhaitham had been examining it. Your face heated up as you stepped back, far from him. "W-what are you doing?" He stared at you blankly before walking to the kitchen. You stood there, speechless and flustered. 'Archons, he is so scary. Someone help me. Why is he like this?'

You started to feel sleepy after standing for a while and slowly leaning onto the wall. You sat down on the floor as you hugged your knees. Alhaitham came back with a towel and a bowl of cold water, but stopped in his tracks when he saw you sleeping on the floor. 'That is cute.... but I'm starting to think I'm slowly being a creep or an evil guy.' He put the things on the table as he walked up to you and kneeled down, looking at your sleeping face. He stared at your for a while before shaking you. "Hey, wake up. You can't sleep here. Let me treat the bruise and get you to your room. Come." You groaned as you buried your head in your knees. "....no... I'm tired.." Alhaitham sighed. "Then is it alright if I carry you there? You really can't sleep on the floor." You stayed silent for a while. "..mmm.. okay.." Alhaitham proceed to carry you in his arms, bringing you to his room since there are no other rooms available at the time. He laid you down gently before going downstairs to get the towel and the bowl. He came back and immediately dampened the towel with some cold water and place it on the bruise. You flinched a little, but continued to sleep soundly. Alhaitham left the towel there and put the bowl away before standing up, making his way to the couch to sleep. However, he was held back by you grabbing his wrist. You mumbled while still asleep, but was heard clearly. "...stay with.. me... Mr. Bird.. don't leave me.." He stared at you blankly. There's no sign of you letting go of him. He sighed. "Fine, I'll stay. But you have to go to sleep." You nodded as he laid beside you. Both of you fell asleep after a while.

...............................

Part 2 coming soon!