🌱Need Help? - Kaveh x Scholar!Reader

"Seven Archons, another task? I have yet to submit the previous one and now they want another? Great. Just, great." You slumped in your seat as you laid your head on the table. After receiving the new request from the grand sage, you decided to go to the library and try to calm yourself from going around, punching people. You grabbed a few books to do some light revision about the task you were going to work on.

'Ancient runes... Do a research about the mechanisms in one of the runes that is related to King Deshret.... Runic language...'

You sighed, putting your head on the table. As you were so lost in your thoughts, you felt a hand on your shoulder as you opened your eyes and turned to look at the person while keeping your head position. After a few seconds of observing the intruder of your peace, your eyes widened as you stood up straight. "S-senior Kaveh!" You bowed 90 degrees as the said male only chuckled. "You know, you don't have to be so formal around me. We know each other, don't we? You look tired, are you okay?" The blonde asked. You on the other hand blinked your eyes few times, not believing that the renowned architect himself was standing in front of you, asking about your wellbeing. You didn't realize that you had been staring at him for so long that Kaveh waved his hand in front of you. "Hellooo. Earth to (Y/n)." You snapped out of your train of thought as you realized what he had said. "Y-you know me??" He crossed his arms and smiled. "Of course, how can I not know about a certain young Haravatat scholar who managed to solve a secret mechanism hidden in the King Deshret's Mausoleum while accompanying a traveller there? Not only that, you're also on par with the best scholars in the Akademiya, making you on the same level as them despite being the youngest scholar. You're also famous yourself, you know? Haha! I couldn't help but to be proud of you as a humble senior of yours." You were flustered due to the compliment he gave you as you looked away. "I.. thank you, Senior Kaveh." Kaveh put an arm around you. "Now, now. Just Kaveh is fine. But not in public though. Anyway, what are you up to?" He took a glance at the table and back at you. You looked at him. "Ah, we got another task to do some research in the desert, but I'm still weak in runic language, so I'm revising the basics of it first before setting off." A look of disappointment plastered on your face. Kaveh thought to himself for a while before smiling. "I think I know someone who is great at runic language. He might be able to help you since he's also going to the desert tomorrow. I also have a research there so if you need me just contact me through the Akasha terminal." You returned the smile and nodded. "Ah that's great! I'll keep that in mind, but who is this person?"

....

"Senior Alhaitham??"

"Oh, (Y/n). I assume Kaveh brought you to me due to the new assignment, right? But I don't think you'll need my help though, you are a distinguished scholar yourself, probably better than me." You only stared at him with a 'I don't believe you' look. "Eh? You guys know each other? Since when??" Kaveh asked impatiently, clearly jealous that Alhaitham had met you first and not him. Alhaitham looked at him while holding his book. "Since they first enrolled under Haravatat? I am their upperclassman in our darshan, Kaveh." Kaveh paused for a moment and looked at you before back at Alhaitham with widened eyes. His cheeks burnt in embarrassment. "Ah yes, I totally forgot about that..." Alhaitham sighed as he turned to face you. "Now, are you coming with me? I'm setting off to the desert tomorrow, I can help you with the ancient language, but I want you to listen and learn carefully." You nodded as Kaveh crossed his arms and looked away, got jealous of Alhaitham. He knew that you will be staying one night at Alhaitham's house which is also a current place for him to stay after being hugely indebted to a certain merchant. But of course, you will have to spend most of your time with Alhaitham, practicing the language or whatever it was. The thought of it making Kaveh madly jealous with the grand scribe.

'Tch, he better not do anything weird to (Y/n) unless he wants his head to roll. Damn you, Alhaitham. I'll make sure to make them mine before you do.'

..........................

"No way. It's so huge and pretty!"

You yelled excitedly as you entered the house, observing every single detail and view it had to offer. Your eyes sparkled with stars as Alhaitham watched them from behind and chuckled. "Glad you like it. It's still empty though, so it might not be that great." You paused as you gasped, glaring at Alhaitham before stomping towards him and looked up straight in his eyes. "What do you mean 'not that great'? It's gorgeous! Just who are you to have this pretty house?" Alhaitham looked at you with a straight face. "I'm merely just a feeble scholar." You deadpanned as you looked at his huge arms before looking back at him with a 'Really?' look. He stared into your eyes for a while as he slowly raised his hand close to your face.

You winced in pain as he flicked your forehead with his middle finger, leaving a red imprint. Before you could do anything, he already ran away from you as an irk mark appeared on your forehead. You ran after him. "YOU BLOODY GRASS, COME BACK HERE AT ONCE."

.........................

So sorry for not updating for a while now. I was kinda busy and all but I'll try to write more ok? I hope you like this one and don't worry, I'll write part 2 some other time. Thanks for reading!