🌱Partners - Sayu x Shuumatsuban!M!Reader

Reader is 17 years old

...................................

"Alright, so we are going to have another grand event tonight and as per usual, all of you are to guard the people, especially since my sister will attend the event. I've explained the details to General (L/n) about the routes you'll be taking, so please make sure to get the information from him. Also, Sayu's squad will be joining (Y/n)'s for tonight's mission. That's all. You are all dismissed." "Yes, sir!" Everyone bowed and immediately left, except (Y/n) and Sayu. Ayato looked at them both and smiled. "I hope by putting you two in the same group will make our tactics more effective. I'm looking forward to the best outcome from you two." Both the Shuumatsuban members looked at each other before grinning and nodded. They both bowed 90 degrees towards their boss. "Thank you for your consideration, sir! We'll do our best!" They both said in unison as Ayato chuckled and patted them. "Now off you go. There are still lots of preparations needed to get done." They nodded and immediately left in a blink of an eye. Ayato shook his head while smiling. "Kids.."

Somewhere in the forest nearby, the Shuumatsuban had already taken their respective positions, ready to act in case something happens. Sayu was sitting on a tree branch while (Y/n) was on a nearby tree. They both observed their surroundings and the people who were celebrating the event happily. Then, the Shirasagi Himegimi, Kamisato Ayaka made her appearance in front of the huge crowd, gaining herself their attention and cheers. (Y/n) was watching silently from afar as he heard rustling noise from a nearby bush. Both him and Sayu were alarmed as they focused on their surroundings. Suddenly, several Fatui agents and skirmishes appeared in their sights as both of them looked at each other and nodded.

Sayu disguised as a small tanuki to lure the Fatui agents while (Y/n) tried to ambush them from behind. Their plan worked, but there were three Fatui agents charging towards them. (Y/n) dodged the attacks as he ran around them, tying them up using his invisible strings. Sayu then summoned her claymore and finished them off with one blow. However, they were still able to fight back as the strings broke. (Y/n) predicted the move as he swooped Sayu and held her under his arm. "Wah!" Sayu yelped as she didn't know what the male was going to do. "Hold still. I'll finish them." He then focused his gaze on the Fatui as he summoned his sword. He waited until they were close to him. "Thundering Illumination." Suddenly, a blinding light surrounded the Fatui, shocking them with electro power that (Y/n) had summoned onto them. All of them were defeated, Sayu could feel that she was getting lowered as she stood on the ground with her small legs. She looked up at the (h/c) with sparkling eyes. "Wah, you're so cool, brother (Y/n)! Definitely cooler!" (Y/n) chuckled as he patted the girl's head gently. "Haha is that so? Thanks! You're also cool, you know?" They both laughed while making their way back to Ayato, who was standing on a cliff looking gracefully after defeating a few Fatui agents. He sensed their presence and turned to look at the victorious duo as he smiled softly. "Ah, seems like my choice was right. You two sure are great partners. Now, keep up the great work. You are dismissed." "Yes, sir!"

.................................

Sayu so cute tho.