Chapter 14

Last Movie

Novas Pov

Jake and I went out for ice cream then went to the movies and threw popcorn at the people in front. We talked so much and I think that was our perfect goodbye.

This is so hard.

He's my first friend. He's my bestfriend and I have to give it up to protect him. I feel so selfish for not wanting to leave.

Alex and I baked banana bread with nutella then had a food fight with the flour and eggs. We laughed and talked for hours before getting yelled at by Enzo.

He made us clean it all up instead of making the maids do it.

It was torture but I was glad I spent so much time with Alex.

I went into Enzo's office and talked about the most random things while he worked.

"Some people think birds are controlled by the government but I think squirrels are. Have you seen how fast they are? Those little fuckers are for sure being controlled by the government" I rant

"Nova go tell this to someone else. Literally anyone else. I have to work so please get out" Enzo says running his hand down his face.

"You're so funny Enzo!" I laugh

"I wasn't joking"

"There's these triplets on Youtube- The sturniolos; Nick is terrified of birds and it's the funniest thing ever—"

"Ou Niall Horan is also terrified of birds! It's so funny."

He continues to ignore me for the rest of the hour I spent talking about the triplets and one direction.

Maybe I was trying to stall until I had to say goodbye to Kaden.

I walk towards Kadens room and wait for him on his bed. He had some stuff to do earlier but he'll be back soon.

He walks in and smiles once he sees me.

This is gonna be hard.

"Hi" I say

"Hey, What'd you do today?"

"Movies with Jake, food fight with Alex, annoyed your dad for awhile. Nothing too important. You?" I say as he laughs

"Nothing much. Just business meetings. I have to shower but we can watch a movie after?" He says walking into his closet.

"Sounds good. I'll choose!" I say making myself comfortable.

"Fine but I get to choose next time!" He yells from the bathroom

"You said that last time but whatever" I mumble.

He's taking a long shower.

I got bored and decided to mess with him.

I walk into the bathroom and take his clothes.

It's his fault for leaving the door open!

I hear the water turn off then Kaden get out.

"You're not funny Nova!" Kaden yells from the bathroom

"I kinda am" I yell back laughing

Kaden opens the door and walks out.

Completely naked.

"KADEN OH MY GOD" I yell pulling the blanket over my head.

"What? Didn't you think this was funny?" He asks standing in front of the bed.

"Go put clothes on you idiot" I say

"No. I won't move until you pass me the clothes you took"

"You're the most annoying person in the world! They're in your closet, go get them yourself" I say

"No" He said then pulled the blanket

"Kaden what the hell!?" I yell

"You started this. Go get my clothes"

I stumbled off the bed trying not to look at him.

I walk into the closet and walk towards the drawer with the clothes on top of it.

I was about to turn around when I felt someone behind me.

"Kaden" I warn

"Yes" He asks

"Put clothes on"

"Do you really want that?" He asks

I turn around and kiss him. There's no time to waste. I might as well make our last few hours together special.

I slept with him.

He told me he loved me right after.

I didn't say anything but he said that was okay.

It's not okay.

I do love him but I can't say it.

We're leaving in an hour.

I write a note to the boys then make my way to my room to pack my bag.

~~

Noah: It's 12. Are you ready?

Nova: Yes. Meet me downstairs in 5.

The twins make their way downstairs then stand in front of the door.

"Are we sure about this?" Noah asks

"We have to" Nova says with tears in her eyes.

Noah opens the door and lets Nova walk out first. He looks around then closes the door behind him.

This isn't what they wanted.

They're like a ticking time bomb. They feel like they destroy everything they touch.

They both left notes for all the boys.

They didn't know leaving would be their biggest mistake...