Ch 2: A Little Sibling Banter

"Brother Anthony! Brother Kiyan is looking for you. He said that he wants to talk with you." Lance called out while opening the door aggressively.

"Yes, I am very much aware of that little miss." Anthony said with a hint of nervousness present in his voice.

"Brother Kiyan! Why are you pointing a sword at Brother Anthony!?" Lance asked. Lance is very shocked at the event that is unfolding.

"We were just sparring, Lance." Kiyan said in an attempt to ease Lance's nervousness.

"But where is Brother Anthony's sword? Is he using magic instead?" Lance asked.

"Yes, he is using magic. That's what he specialized in" Kiyan said as he lowers his sword that was pointed at his little brother's neck.

"You mean Brother Anthony is very good at magic?" Lance asked with a voice filled with excitement and joy.

"Yes little miss. That is why I taught you the basics." Anthony said with a hint of playfulness present in his voice.

"Damn it Anthony she's a child! How could you think of teaching her magic at such a young age!?" Kiyan said in a very annoyed tone. As far as he can tell, Anthony placed Lance in danger.

"Now now, Eldest Brother. Just because she is young, It does not mean that she cannot handle a little danger or two. Besides, she is very fast at learning, just like a prodigy. There is no way she'd be in danger." Anthony said in an attempt to calm his elder brother down but the smile on his face and the sarcastic tone present in his voice contrasts his attempt.

"Just wait till our parents hear about this. There is no way they'd be able to stay still." Kiyan said in an attempt to scare off his mischievous little brother who is one year away from coming of age. 

"I know full well they won't be delighted of this news." Anthony said with a calm tone.

"THEN WHY DID YOU-" Kiyan wanted to ask why but Antonio seems to have predicted that question and cut him off.

"That is because of her safety. I am sure that you are aware of our family job. It is filled with danger and the enemies we make are increasing as the days go by." Antonio's calm voice is slowly being replaced with an assertive tone. 

Antonio is a determined person who will not back down whenever he made a decision. Although Kiyan knows of this, he still continued to refute Anthony.

"Why the family technique!? They will be able to identify her quicker than you can cast a spell!" Kiyan refuted in a loud and angry voice.

"Like I said, she is very fast at learning. She will learn it whether I teach it to her or she sees one of us using it." Antonio's voice is obviously replaced by an assertive tone by now.

"Damn it. Lance, go to the training grounds. If Anthony already taught you there is nothing we could do about it. I might as well teach you the advanced techniques since you seem to have grasp the basics of everything we have in this house of ours." Kiyan sighed and said those words in a helpless tone. 

'I thought they already forgot about me' Lance thought. 

"Sure thing!" Lance said joyfully. 

After saying that, Lance ran out of the room and went to the training grounds located just outside the backyard and near the pagoda.

"She left already right?" Anthony asked, the calm voice of his has returned.

"None of your business." Kiyan said in an annoyed tone.

"We can't protect her forever. Not with that mysterious organization on the loose." Anthony said. 

Kiyan knows it. That mysterious organization is planning on doing something foolish but dangerous. Dangerous for everyone, dangerous for his family.

"I know. If it comes to it, we need to take actions ourselves." Kiyan said while looking down on his clenched fist.

"She still does not know much about the world. Someone should at least teach her a thing or two about this place." Anthony said while looking at the brown globe on his room.

"Siarah can handle that." Kiyan glanced at Anthony's closed window.

A window suddenly burst open and a strong gust of wind passed by the room.

"Speak of the little devil." Anthony said while smiling.

"I heard my name so I checked out who had the audacity to call me. As much as I like to teach her, it's her willingness to learn that matters." Siarah said.

"You should teach our little miss your specialty. She seems to be very interested in it." Anthony said in a playful tone.

"So I can finally get a research partner!?" Siarah's excitement is evident by the tone of her voice.

"History huh. It isn't bad for her but it needs to be the history of the continent and not the history of our job." Kiyan reminded Siarah of the lines she cannot cross if she wants to teach her little sister.

"I repeat for the third time. She is a very smart kid. Look at this, she already knows how to hunt for information." Anthony pulled out a scroll from his shelves. The scroll contained a map.

"You!-" Kiyan was too stunned to speak.

"It was just a little errand. Plus, I casted highest tier defense magic on her so she was fine." Anthony said while brushing off the danger he placed his youngest sister in.

" ARE YOU INSANE!?" Siarah and Kiyan exclaimed at the same time. They are starting to think that their little brother has lost all the screws on his head.

"She is 4 years old! 4! You sent her to a bandit camp that won't hesitate to strike down anything or anyone!" Siarah said in a very shocked tone.

"I taught her how to use stealth and haste so it was fine." Anthony is again, brushing off the seriousness of the situation.

"Mother and Father will definitely not let this one pass by. It was nice knowing you as a brother." Kiyan said in a mocking tone.

"Yes. We will pray for your departure." Siarah followed.

"Why thank you my dear Brother and Sister. I shall tell Mother and Father the reports our servants gave about your commissioned jobs." Anthony said in a playful but annoyed tone. Anthony's eyes twitched when he heard what his elder brother and sister said to him.

"WHY YOU-" 

Kiyan and Siarah is ready to jump on Anthony when suddenly, a leaf has suddenly made its way to the room. This made Kiyan and Siarah draw their weapons while Anthony just glanced at his open window.

"Uh...Sorry Big Brothers and Big Sister. I was curious on what was happening since Brother Kiyan didn't go to the training grounds even after 3 minutes have passed." Lance said as an excuse. The truth was, Lance wanted to know what they were talking about and why she had to leave. (Lance as Marites confirmed!?)

"Lance you.....Get down from that tree in this instant." Kiyan sighed again in a helpless way.

"Sorry Big Brother Kiyan...." After Lance said that, she jumped to the window sill and landed inside the room.

"Lance!" Kiyan shouted in surprise.

"Made it to the room Brother" Lance said in a joyful tone.

Anthony is just laughing while using a fan to cover his face.

"Mother and Father will be furious about this" Siarah said while crossing her arms and shaking her head.

_________________________________________
Author's Note: Exams ended today so I decided to write a chapter