A huge time skip

An incident happened with our youngest which turned the whole manor upside down. Lance, my youngest sibling, was found to have fainted after attempting to run away. We still have not found the benefactor who returned her to us. Whether be it traces or even a pinch of hair, nothing. It was as if they never existed. But a more shocking thing happened after that. 

Lance keeps on forgetting things. At first we thought it was just because of Lance was shocked at the incident that befell upon her. But as the days go on, her memories seems to have just vanished without a trace. Siarah asked Lance if she still remembers her name or at least her own identity. Lance usually brushes off the question but one day, when Siarah asked her what her name is out of worry because Siarah cannot sleep, Lance called herself Ancel. Ancel? Is it not a name for followers? Did our youngest family member met some shady cultist when she was out in the forest? Is there a cult we have to erase? 

When our Mother and Father heard about this, Mother stopped whatever it is she was doing and was forced to use her ability on Lance. As much as Mother hates using her powers on the youngest, Mother wanted to know what happened to Lance. I could still remember what happened that day very clearly.

"Look at your Mother, youngest. Tell me, do you know the reason why you are losing your memories? Would you kindly say the reason and the solution if you so happen to know?" Countess Railah asked in concern. 

Countess Railah hopes that if Lance do know what's happening, she also knows how to stop it. Her husband Elius has mobilized his troops to look for the cultists responsible for brainwashing their youngest. Even then, Elius and the troops have not found a single trace.

"This one knows the reason! This one is using this one's ancient power for more than 2 hours! This one is practicing with this one's ancient power and testing it to it's limits! This one's memories will return in a day if this one do not use this one's ancient power! " said Ancel in a cheerful tone. 

"Why did her way of speaking change? That is not how she sound like. Why is she not speaking in a monotone way even when Mother's ability is in effect? How is she this cheerful? Our youngest Lance do smile but she never becomes this cheerful. Most importantly, when did she get an Ancient Power?" Anthony thought a loud. While doing so, Anthony opened and closed his fan. 

The last time I saw Anthony like this is when he was contemplating on how to strengthen magic without using more mana nor any type of power. 

He eventually found a way and demonstrated it in front of the people he was with when he was completing a mission. This resulted in him earning the title 'Arch mage of the East.' We never found out how he managed to accomplish that level of magic. Anthony is as mysterious as the phenomenon that is happening to our youngest. In any case, how can Anthony not tell that Lance got her Ancient Power when she attempted to run away? Is this a side effect on the reason on how he can strengthen magic?

"Then youngest, look here and tell your dearest Mother why you are overusing your Ancient Power? Why are you calling yourself Ancel? This mother of yours is very worried for you." Railah the Countess asked again.

"This one is using the Ancient Power because this one is not allowed to use magic nor train with any weapon! This one is bored with reading and walking so this one trained using Ancient Power instead!" Ancel said.

Did we perhaps went too far with the restriction? Although it has been a month, should we have shortened it to a week? Did we make Lance feel restricted? At such a young age at that? Lance is only four so we wanted her to focus on just playing but did we instead restrict what she really wanted to do?

While Siarah, Anthony, Mother and I was thinking about those words, Lance's eyes became clearer which did not go unnoticed by Mother.

"Mother? Eldest brother Kiyan and Elder brother Anthony? Sister Siarah? Why is everyone in my room? Why am I being surrounded? Err.... Mr. Liam? Why do you look surprise?" Lance flinched while looking around. 

"Why is Sister Siarah crying? Sister, are you alright?" Lance asked in a voice filled with worry. 

"I am alright. How about you? Are you okay now? You are called Lance right?" Siarah said to ease Lance's worries. The question is to make sure that she was not hallucinating. 

"Yes? Of course, I'm Lance. Who else would I be?" Lance asked. Lance is very confused on why her Sister Siarah is asking when she knows the answer. The last thing Lance remember is..... nothing. It was all blank whenever she tries to recall what happened. 

"Haaaa.... This one will tell you what happened." A young man's voice suddenly said in her mind. 

"Whenever you use this one's powers for two hours or more, your memories are eaten up as a result of not being able to bear the strength of this one's powers. The longer you use this one's power beyond the intended limit, the more memories are eaten up. It is a good thing that you faint every two hours and five minutes whenever you try to past the limit or else it is not just a day's worth of memories you will lose." The young man's voice scolded.

'Ah right, I was training Sigan-nim's Ancient Power. Here I was wondering how I ended up in this situation. Though for some reason, this feels familiar even though I am sure this happened for the first time.' Lance thought.

"-That is why we decided to remove your restriction. Though I hope you focus more on your Sister Siarah's lessons more than weaponry. Is that clear youngest?"

"Hmm what? Oh right, yeah sure. It's very clear." Lance snapped out of her thought and looked at her family members. 

"I promise I won't try and use my ancient power past its intended limit." Lance proclaimed

'Unless I have to.' is the words she left unspoken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey-lo Interweb! This isn't a fast pace right? It seems to be a very fast pacing. To be honest, I want to end this novel fast but I'm sure this is just out of impulse. I'll probably continue and get my motivation again tomorrow or whenever something interesting happens to one of the fandoms I'm in. Have a merry-filled day, night, afternoon and tomorrow, Interweb.