Contemplation

Knock knock

The sound of knocking can be heard. 

"Father it's me Lance, may I talk to you for a second?"

"Come in" A voice replied. 

Inside the room is a desk filled with papers and bookshelves filled with books and other literature materials. The walls  are filled with architecture that has a maroon background which gives a feel of responsibility to them. 

"What did you want to talk about youngest?" Lance's father asked. It was strange that Lance took the initiative to talk to them as Lance seems to distance themselves from their family. 

"It might be rude of me to ask but what is that mana... no, aura surrounding you from time to time? Its just that I always feel sleepy whenever you use it.....Did I ask a rather difficult question?" Lance asked carefully but in their mind is a rather chaotic thought.

'He wont kill me just for asking that right? I mean nobles in stories are very good at getting rid of things that threatens them. I wont have to be escorted to Mr. GoD's domain this early right? Huh? Why am I worried of dying to my own Father's hands?'

"So you noticed?" Lance's father placed down the paper he was holding and looked at Lance.

"It's just the aura's smell is thick a-and I.... I thought it was strange that it puts me... to sleep so..." Lance voice was getting quieter the more they said those words. "I apologize for asking the question."

"If you are sorry then you should tell me the motto of the family, Lance" 

"The motto? Oh it's something along the lines of 'Below the dark we thrive, below the sun we hide. Prioritize your safety and hide those glaring eyes.' Isn't that right Father?"

"That's right, my power can be compared to the glaring eyes because it refers to the secret weapon on each of our family members. I'm sure you also have yours." 

"I apologize for that" Lance's eyes looked away from their father's eyes. They felt a little guilty for putting their father on a tight spot.

"It's alright. You are still young so it doesn't matter. I guess I can tell you since you seem to know what your older siblings have. I can put certain emotions or feelings to someone when I touch them. Their blood or hair could also do the trick but the effects are lessened." Lance's father said with a hint of boredom like they aren't just telling what their secret weapon is.

"I see. No wonder I kept feeling sleepy. You were doing that, humph." Lance subconsciously pouted and Lance was surprised they pouted like a child so Lance tried to hide it but Lance's father who saw the whole ordeal felt amused. 

"Lance, go train archery with your elder brother Kiyan. He seems to be waiting for you at the training grounds." 

"Sure thing." Lance accidentally used informal speech because of how shock they were that their father is allowing them to train when they just woke up from mana exhaustion. 'I thought he would force me to sleep again. Isn't this a good thing?' 

When Lance left the office, a gust of wind suddenly emerged from the room and a bloodied body was seen. 

"Dear, who sent us this thing? It shouldn't be a bounty hunter or a mercenary so is that thing trained by someone?" 

"I'm surprised Lance did not notice the heavy aura of death. It seems our youngest really is not suited for this type of stuff. What a relief."

"I was also relieved they didn't notice this mess. It's all thanks to you putting up that illusion at the last second. Lance is very good at stealth and information gathering but they haven't and should not get their hands the feeling of blood. They almost did at that bandit mission Anthony gave them. I really should cut his budget Railah my dear."

"Speaking of which, I really want to get Lance out of our family business but when would be the right time to do that Elius my dear?

"Let's do it when she is seven. Seeing as we need to make haste, that's the limit we can do. Although it would be far too young for her, Arm is starting to gobble up a portion of the underworld. I have a feeling that those maniacal things are not just maniacs but maniacs who can use their heads."

.....

"This is the end of the manual, the rest is up to your hardwork, Lance." 

"How come I finished the manual brother Kiyan? Shouldn't it be a long manual filled with multiple types of bow techniques?"

"It's just a manual and it only covers up until the advance technique and not the master type. Let's practice inputting mana in your bow. It should be easy for you."

"It is very easy but shaping it and making it hit with destructive force is hard."

"I'll go ask Anthony about this so stay here." 

"No need for that Kiyan, I sensed mana and I rushed in here right away!" 

"Eldest brother Anthony! Can you help me pleaseee?"

"Your mana is scattered so try and focus it on one point." Anthony explained

"I can do that but what about the magic enhancement I placed?"

"Haysss, what I meant is that you should keep practicing the basics of mana until you can do it with ease." Anthony sighed and explained

"No! I wanna do a magic spell with it quickly!" Hearing this, Anthony furrowed his eyebrows 

"I won't allow that. Your mana is a mess and can easily run out. Not to mention, your mana still hasn't stabilized because you emptied it out yesterday." Anthony scolded.

'Not again .....' A sense of deja vu strucked Lance as they reached out for their head. The deja vu made them dizzy that they needed a support, but seeing as they were in the training ground, they collapsed on their knees instead. 'Kia, we know that you are a genius and you are very passionate about piano but you should still learn the basics. Your reading of the notes is a mess. Not to mention, you only rely on your memorization skills and won't even try to learn it truthfully.' 

'Damn it, what's happening now? Who are those people? Who is Kia? It hurts...' With that, Lance collapsed again.

"Kiyan! Take Lance back quick! I'll call Mother and Father!" 

"No need. We wanted to check up on Lance's progress and went here but then we heard you shouting so we rushed here. Take Lance back to their room and make sure that they get a lot of rest. We did not want to do this but lock their room too. Leave some history books inside and make them wear that artifact we found." 

"But Mother! That artifact will seal her mana until we actually get rid of the artifact itself!"

"Lance needs to know their own limits. This is the only way. I will not accept any objections."

'Uhm hello? I can't move my body but I can still hear you. My dear family members, why must you lock me in my room? I'll run away the second I regain my control over my body! If I can't use mana then I'll use uhh.... ancient... powers? What are those again? Well... I just felt the power of nature from somewhere so I should just follow it I guess? Whatever, being locked up sounds scary but at least it's in my room. I have a lot of tools that can pry open the window but I should act like I'm surprised they locked me up. They might get suspicious. Okay, I have a plan now so all I need to do is wait for my body to finally respond to me!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------