Ch 5: The Talk

"The two of you. Sit down. Okay?" Railah the Countess commanded her two sons with a cold voice.

'This is a problem, Mother and Father will never take us here unless it's absolutely necessary' Kiyan thought gloomily.

"Yes Mother...." Kiyan and Anthony said in a weak tone.

"I never cared if you are weak or strong but why is your voice so weak? That is not a thing you do remember?" Elius the Count said in a disappointed tone. 

Elius and Railah are not very strict with their children. The only thing they are strict about is the teachings of the household.

"Yes Father and Mother." Kiyan and Anthony said. This time, their voices was firm which satisfied their Father.

"Elius dear, it seems they have forgotten some teachings we worked so hard to teach." Railah the Countess said in a playful and disappointed tone.

"Dear Railah, I wonder if we should send them on another mission. Maybe up north? I heard the Paerun Kingdom is a knight's kingdom. I'm sure they will learn a lot of things." Elius the Count said in a pondering way but the tone of his voice shows that he already decided to do just that.

Anthony does not like the Paerun Kingdom. Not only because it's cold but also because it's a literal kingdom for knights. A mage like him will stick out like a sore thumb if he cannot even display a sliver of swordsmanship.

"Father! That is a bit...." Anthony wanted to refute but realized that the punishment is quite lenient. 

The things he did was enough to at least make his Father Elius think about whether he can continue using mana or anything that can bring harm to someone. That is why Anthony stopped talking and instead kept quiet.

"A bit what? Anthony my son, won't you enlighten this Father of yours?" Elius said in a demanding tone while looking down at Anthony his mischievous son.

"Forgive me for interrupting Father." Anthony apologized to his Father.

"You are forgiven on that matter." Elius said. The aura that was surrounding him seems to have calmed down a little bit. Not enough to reconsider the punishment.

'phew, dear God of Death you really are guarding me just like you said in the deal' Anthony thanked the God of Death in his mind and heart. He could not have been the greatest Arch mage of the East if he could not control every single mana that exist or is yet to exist. Even the most dangerous and deadly mana can be handled by him. All of that is thanks to his deal with the God of Death.

"Is someone talking bad about me? I'm sure it's nothing. Right, back to what we were talking about  █ █ █ █ █" The God of Death sneezed and asked rhetorically. The God of Death is seen talking with someone wearing a white cloak with that seems to have been made out of countless nebulas.

"Anthony and Kiyan. I am sure you know why we made you follow us into the office?" Railah asked her two sons once again.

"Yes Mother." Anthony and Kiyan said.

"How did Lance get into the office that is protected with the highest-tier magic?" Elius inquired. As far as he can tell, the culprit is one of the two sons he have right in front of him.

"That's my responsibility Father." Anthony flinched and looked away when he said those words.

"Why did Lance desired to enter my office out of every room we have in this manor of ours?" Elius inquired again. He really does not know what to do if Lance suddenly enters his office one day and sees a dead body inside.

"She thought it was another library." Anthony answered his Father Elius with nervousness.

"I see. Kiyan? When did you teach Lance the advanced techniques?" Elius seems satisfied with his son, Anthony's answer so he directed his attention to his Eldest son Kiyan and asked him questions.

"I taught her two days before your arrival." Kiyan answered calmly. If someone can read his thoughts it will show that he is anything but calm. 

'I really hope being honest is enough to appease some of Father's anger. As the eldest, I must be responsible and make sure that none of my siblings disobey top priority orders. This is all my fault. Please let Father be lenient with me too.'

"Are you the one responsible for teaching her the piano?" Elius asked while contemplating about something. Elius is contemplating what punishment he should give to Kiyan.

"No Father. She learned it all by herself." Kiyan denied the accusation that might have fallen before him.

"It seems you are telling the truth. You can continue teaching her but because you disobeyed an order, a top priority at that, you need to go to the north with Anthony. Understood?" Elius finally reached a decision he is satisfied with.

"I understand Father." Kiyan said, lowering his head.

"You may go now Kiyan." Elius said.

'Good luck little brother' Kiyan looked at Anthony in the eyes while thinking those words. After that, he left the room.

"I'll handle Anthony, dear" Railah said in a mischievous tone.

"Understood. I'll go and check up on Lance. I lost my control on my mana earlier. I need to see if she's doing ok." 

"I understand dear."

'Father don't go! Mother's scary' Anthony quietly pleaded in his mind.

Anthony's plea in his mind was not heard because his Father left the room which left him and his Mother alone in the same room. 

"Now Anthony. It seems you are as stubborn as your Grandfather. Given that you have closely similar names." Railah said playfully.

'Grandfather...I might go there. Please prepare a welcome party for this grandson of yours' Anthony silently said in his mind. He still looks calm on the outside though.

"Me and your Father would have let the teaching one slide, but sending your sister in a dangerous place? That is something we cannot allow. Stay here in this room. I will check up on our youngest." 

"Yes Mother."  Although Anthony said those words. He is internally panicking.

'Oh no. This room. I can't just stay here. My mana seems to work fine that is a relief. I can protect myself.'

His mother Railah seemed to have read his mind as she secretly commanded her Elemental to cast illusion magic. She firmly locked the door after she left the room.

_________________________________________
Author's Note: As a celebration (because I finally finished a 7-star raid) I made this chapter.

The illusion is a secret but I'll leave hints along the way.

Sorry about the shortness of the chapter.