Talk with Sigan-nim

Inside the dreamscape of Lance stood a young man averaging 20 years of age with a scholar attire we call academic regalia.  His gown is colored black  but the three velvet bands on the sleeves is colored blue. On the top of his head is a hat with a tassel hanging out of it. 

"Lance" the young man who is covered in fog and can be barely seen called out.

"Err.... who's there? who's Lance?" A young girl asked in haziness. 

The young girl's eyes are unfocused, seemingly looking into the distance. 

"This is a problem. It was such a nice thing that this one did not allow themselves to be fully consumed by you or else the side effect would have been much worse." The young man said. 

A sudden gust of wind that came out from nowhere made a chill go down the young girl's spine. The wind seems to contain a feeling of anger but also at the same time a feeling of sadness. This feelings made the young girl's eyes focused.

"May I ask what the name of this esteemed sire is?" The young girl asked the young man. 

The young man is shocked that the young girl before him is more curious about his name than their own name. Maybe the young girl finally remembered their own name? He could not help but ask.

"Have you finally remembered your own name that you got curious what this one's name is?" The young man really wants to know if the side effects got lesser as time went by. 

As far as he himself can tell, whenever he used a portion of his power, he loses a portion of his memories because of how strong his power is. He can do millions of things with his power but only used it when necessary.

"This one? Esteemed sire, you called me Lance so I assume that is my name. Is there a problem with this logic? Is Lance not my name esteemed sire?" The young girl answered the young man but also asked another question.

"I have forgotten my name. That is why I refer to myself as this one. You called me Sigan the first time we met so this one will grant you the honor and use Sigan as this one's name." The young man who was called Sigan said. 

"Does Sigan-nim know the name of this one? This one thinks that Lance is a funny name as it refers to a weapon. Though this one dares not to think that the esteemed sire Sigan-nim lied." The young girl subconsciously copied the way Sigan talked to themselves. 

The young girl is really curious if their name is actually Lance or if they are just being referred that way for a certain reason they have no idea about. 

Sigan did not know whether to laugh or sigh when the young girl started copying their way of talking. Should he answer the young girl's question or should he ignore the young girl? After staring at the young girl for two minutes, he decided to answer her question.

"Your name is indeed Lance though this one can think of another name for you if you are not satisfied. Just remember that only this one is allowed to call you by the name this one will come up with." The young man suddenly realized how possessive he sounded but did not say the realization aloud. 

The young man still has some dignity to preserve.

"This one will be honored to have a name that is given by you esteemed sire." The young girl had no qualms about replacing her name. 

This is not inline with the young girl's true personality but because the young girl lost her memories in this dreamscape, she had no issue disregarding her name.

'This pitiful young girl. Why did a child had to earn my power. What should this one do. This one also has to come up with a name for the pitiful young girl. What name should this one give to the pitiful young girl? Iris? No, this one does not see a rainbow path for the pitiful young girl. Agnes? This one also does not think that the name Agnes suit the young girl. Lance should have had a meaning if the pitiful young girl's parents gave her that name. This one should take inspiration and think of a name that uses the exact letters of the young girl's name.'

"This one has decided. Your name will be Ancel. You are the follower and the host, or in some nice words, a receptacle of this one." The young man proclaimed that the young girl will be called Ancel.

"Ancel huh. That is a nice name. But is having an ancient power means that I or well 'this one' is a follower or a receptacle?  This one has never heard or read such rule. May the great esteemed sire enlighten 'this one' and prove that 'this one' is wrong?" Lance, who is called Ancel in the dreamscape said in a playful tone.

The young man who noticed the change in the tone and the way of speaking that the young girl was using, turned their head to the direction of Ancel. 

"It would seem that Ancel has recovered their memories? This one was quite worried that we will not get to talk properly if ever that Ancel's memories did not return." The young man said calmly. 

"This one is confused why Sigan-nim seemed use to seeing someone lose their memories after using an ancient power. Maybe Sigan-nim has experienced losing memories? This one does not like the side effect of the ancient power." Ancel said while maintaining a business like tone.

"This one has a solution for that. This one will seal most of this one's power so the side effects will be lessened greatly. This one will seal the power to control the wind and will replace it with the power to locate anyone anywhere. This one warns Ancel to never use the ability for more than an hour or Ancel will receive extreme migraine." The young man warned.

"This one has one last question before waking up. How does Sigan-nim know modern terms that this one only remembered because of this dreamscape?" Ancel asked.

"This one was given access to Ancel's memories. Otherworlders are not unheard of in this world. This one saw in Ancel's memories that Nelan Barrow is an otherworlder. No wonder this one was not familiar with the name structure but felt they have seen something similar to it before." The young man answered.

"This one thanks Sigan-nim for answering their questions. This one will make sure to take care of their selves so as to not worry Sigan-nim again." After saying that, Ancel bowed in a traditional martial arts manner and disappeared into thin air.

Sigan glanced where Ancel once stood. Seeing as no one was there, Sigan sighed and mumbled to their selves. 

'Poor child, it seems this one should help Ancel achieve some of her dreams. Ancel has finally known what rest is. This one should get Ancel to rest more.'

Saying that, Sigan also disappeared from the dreamscape

------------------------------------------------------

Hey-lo Interweb, Tower here. This one- no wait, I've been influenced haaa..... what I meant is I apologize if there is so much this one here this one that words in this chapter. If you search why they referred to themselves as this one, you won't find any answer. Good luck finding out why.