An Ancient Power

"It's been 4 days since I was locked in my own room by my own family. I managed to prepare the tools I need to make my escape. I got to check the items I'll be bringing with me again. I can't forget anything because I would not go back here unless I get caught by any of them. My magic is very unstable because of the artifact so I had to pretend it was hurting me a lot. They finally got rid of that artifact today. Back to the topic, I am bringing the following things:

Clothes (To protect myself from the cold) 

Bow's Grip (They didn't allow me to have the whole bow)

History Books and Novels (Very entertaining)

Bread, Rice and Water (Foods for the trip)

Pen and paper (In case I found research worthy places)

Walkman Headphones (I need music to listen to)

Mana potions (I still have to practice and stabilize my mana)"

"I don't think I brought too many things. I have to hurry up now since the guards are coming back. Mana puppet! Go act like me and pretend you are sleeping. Heh, It's a good thing they did not chop off the tree near my window."

SWISH

"What was that? A wind? I can sense the power of nature through it but It feels like the power is stronger and has a scholar vibe to it. I'll just follow it. Who knows, it might be an ancient power. I don't know how I know what ancient powers are. Did Eldest Sister Siarah teach me that and I just forgot? Doesn't matter."

After Lance chased the wind for about an hour, they managed to find the source. It is inside an old ancient ruin. It most likely dates back to tens of thousands of years ago. 

"Hello there, a pleasure to meet you young test taker."

Did someone just speak In my head? The voice has a scholar vibe to it. I better greet back.

"A pleasure to meet you too sire. My name is Lance Atler. Who might you be?"

"This one is called Inversed time by the natives of this area."

"May this young girl call you Yeog Sigan (역시간) kind sir?"

"Call me whatever you wish to call me."

"How are you able to talk with me Sigan-nim? I read somewhere that you cannot normally talk with ancient powers."

"This one gave you the honor and chose to talk to you myself. This one also made sure to separate this one's will because this one does not want to be absorbed completely by someone who happened to stumble upon this place."

"Right... What is the test you were talking about Sigan-nim? If it is a swordsmanship test then I'm afraid I cannot participate."

"Fear not, It is only a history test. This one is sure that someone as young as you would have heard about the ancient times?"

"I apologize. I only know some bits of it because of..... undisclosed sources" I can't tell Sigan-nim that I somehow have the memory about it. Although it feels distant, it should be enough to make me barely pass the test.

"That is fine by me. This one will ask you 9 questions relating to the great war connected to the ancient times. This one will also ask you some... unrelated questions. The first question: Could you name one of the survivor of the great war and their ability?"

"One of the survivor of the great war.... That would be Choi Jung Gun- I mean, Nelan Barrow the first dragon slayer who owned the Dominating Aura."

"Very good. Although the name structure 'Choi Jung Gun' is quite unfamiliar to me, you still got his name correctly. My second question is: Who amongst the ancient heroes can protect people but has an overindulgence quirk?"