C 12 - Trust

🔥-🔥 -🎋-🔥-🔥-

"this was a very bad idea!" Jay yells as he tries to doge a ninja but ends up getting kicked in the gut, throwing him a few feet across. I would've said a joke about this but I was busy with two other ninjas. "you know red ninja-" Nya said as she retreats to my back,  a dozen ninjas following her, "we could use a little 'samurai help' right now" she said. I rolled my eyes. "we can handle this" I kept saying, losing my confidence every time.

I locked arms with Nya and I lifted her up and she kicked the ninjas with her feet. "we're outnumbered!" Zane yells from somewhere. "need a little help?" I turned to see the samurai on the roof. I looked away. My face was red with anger. The samurai took put his swords and jumped down. "we were doing just fine" "not by my observations " I didn't look him in the eye. "maybe" I finally mumbled. I sensed that the samurai was smirking at me. "I just want to help" he held out his hand. "ok fine" I said sharply without taking it. I held my sword tightly with both my hands.

Suddenly, almost out of nowhere, a helicopter landed and a black ninja got out. But, he was different. He had a sliver bracelet on his right hand and his eyes --from here I could see a light shade of amber. I felt as i knew those maleficent eyes. It sent shivers down my spine. As I turned my eyes to the samurai --who was now next to me-- had the same expression in his eyes. "who's that?" Jay said from behind me. "That's the question of the hour idiot" I heard cole say in an irritated voice. I Look at the samurai, i hate to say this but --I needed his help. So I put aside my pride and said "w-who are we up against?" He answered in a rather shrill voice, "i-I don't know!" Just as he said that, he's eyes grew wide and he slapped his plans on his mouth. "what's wrong?" I asked, "nothing. N-nevermind" the samurai looked away.

The ninja that got out of the helicopter said something to the others around him and pointed at us. The ninjas turned in our direction. "scatter!" I yelled. "no brother! We can't separate!" Nya squeezed my hand. I shook my head, "no chance. It's for the best. You stick with jay" I hug her and run in one direction. I turned to see the samurai right behind me. Slashing his swords at the ninjas that got too close.

"Why are you doin--" Before I could finish I was pulled into an alleyway by the samurai. Before I could jump back, he pulled his hand on my mouth. My face turned bright pink --this time not from anger or frustration. Ack! This is not the time kai!  The ninjas who were chasing us went ri by right past us, not even noticing. We held our breath as they all stormed past. After a few minutes I let out an angry grunt and the samurai let go. "that was close" he said not meeting my eyes. I dusted myself. "thanks" I said. The samurai's eyes widened. "r-really?" He asked, eyes sparkling. "yeah. But --Don't push it" I took out my phone to check on nya. Dang it! So signal! I sighed. "wait, isn't that kai's phone?" How did the samurai even know how my --kai's phone looked like?! I went pale. Next I said something very stupid, "who's kai?" I said nervously looking away. "oh yeah, you don't know." The samurai looked away. 

"what do you mean?" I asked. "well, I know a boy. He's name is Kai" he said how the heck did he know me?! I pretended to not know. "oh yeah! That 'kai'. Of course I know him" I said awkwardly. "you do?" I nod quickly and continue to scroll through my phone. "kai and I are such best buds that we even have matching phones cases" I try to make sense. The samurai shurgs, "oh okay"

"any idea where we are right now?" I say as I leaded against a wall and pant, sweat soaking my gi. "i think so" said the samurai. We've been jogging for what felt like half an hour or so. No reception, aka, no way to contact my friends. Meaning that I'm stuck with this show-off. I slapped my forehead. I looked over at the wall I was leaning at. "hey, isn't this the ninjago city highschool south entrance wall?" I said. The samurai's eyes widened in surprise. "i-i suppose so" he came over and looked up at the wall. "we need to go in. I think school hours are over" i look at him, "and we may be able to use the computer labs to do some research " the samurai answered.