C 26 - Sly Acts

🐉-🌱-🎍-💚

After Kai revealed himself to Skylor, silence swallowed everyone in the room. The rest of the ninja looked pale and looked rather unsure about the outcome of this situation. Honestly, I couldn't blame them, Kai's sometimes so unpredictable -it just makes me fall for him even more deeper.

Harumi looked unfazed, her hand on her hip with a satisfying grin on her face, her hair flowing in the light breeze circulating in the room. God, what I'd do to understand her.

Skylor didn't say anything, even with her mask gone, her expression right now was unreadable.

"I should've gotten you expelled when I had the chance" Skylor finally talked. Kai didn't move. I walked to his side, my swords still within reach. Kai didn't seem to be bothered, he's full attention was now set on Skylor, he's face stern he's hazel eyes sharp he's eyebrows furrowed towards the red head.

"Explain expelled exactly."

Skylor answered with a wide smirk. Kai's fists curled into balls, his lion bracelet still in hold, I felt anger course through him right them. A hint of panic went up my spine, I thought of a way to signal him to control without hinting anything to the others.

As a last resort, I pulled on his gi sleeve sharply. Kai flinched at that and I knew that I'd gotten it through as he seemed to loosen.

"Aw, Kai needs the samurai to stop him from having a fit" Skylor grinned mockingly. That got to me. Screw anger issues, I'm gonna rip her apart myself!

"Oh, that does it!"

I raged on and grabbed her tightly by her collar, surprisingly with my strength, Skylor -being fairly taller than me- her feet left the ground by inches. Her expression signaled that she was startled briefly. But hey changed quickly back to her cold gaze.

"L-samurai!" Kai tried to pull me back. I had no plans of budging. I stared daggers at Skylor, she smirked. Her eyes shone, I flinched and swerved to the right sharply just in time as black spikes shot from where my chest was moments before.

"I'm not gonna let you go that easy. Explain the reason you wanted Kai expelled!" I gripped her even more tightly, proving my point.

"It's not worth it. It happened, I'm recovering. It's fine " Kai interrupted. I shook my head, "no. Not a chance. I won't let her mess your life again Kai. You've been through enough for this psychotic witch!" I yelled my anger out, not breaking my stare from Skylor. She raised her eyebrow and sighed,

"Why are you so desperate Samurai? You barely know this loser, let alone, speak for him. I will tell you, but tell me something,"

I guess Skylor paused for dramatic effect, I was so tired of her.

"Why do you care?"

I hesitated, I side-eyed Kai. He was focused on Skylor. I looked down and let out a sigh, this can't hold me back anymore...

I dropped Skylor to the ground and she landed on one knee. I stepped back. I took a deep breath, I looked at Kai, I didn't focus long enough to see he's expression,

I pulled away my hair tie, my hair fell freely as I de-transformed.

"I care about him. He cares for me, I know that very well. You'll never get to him, as long as I stand, you'll never lay a hand on Kai again, never again"

"Lloyd i-!" Kai took my hand and squeezed between his fingers. Skylor looked speechless, the ninja weren't making a sound behind us so I guess I'd silenced them as well. I felt Harumi's proud smile and it felt all the better.