C 24 - Making Things Right

🐉-🧶-🎍-💚

We finally reached the origins of Nya and Jay's tracker signals, we peeped through the dimly lit cell and saw them both knocked out. They were facing each other, their noses almost touching. Jay was drooling while Nya had a stressed expression on her face.

I held back a giggle but failed as Kai gave me a confused look. I eyed them together and Kai's eyes told me that he got my massage. He replied with an eye roll and a scrawl.

I used my claws to break the locked and Kai pushed the door open. The couple stirred but didn't wake up.

Kai went in while scanned the surroundings and waited outside. I put on my mask again and Kai did the same. We'll tell them when we're ready. Hopefully after all of this.

Nya opened her eyes as Kai whispered something in her ear. She flinched from Jay's nose and scrambled up and hugged Kai.

"Are you okay? How did you break out?" Nya bombarded him with questions and gripped his shoulders. I couldn't help smile at the two, I wished I had someone to be so caring about me before. Now, Kai is there for me and that's all I need.

"Wake up sleepyhead" Kai poked Jay and he woke up hazy. "Oh h-hey Kai. Did you do your homework? C-can I copy some-" he stopped mid sentence as all three of us broke into hysterical giggling. Jay joined in after he realized.

Finally Kai kept his index finger on his mask where his lips were and we muffled our noises.

"Let's get out of here. We still need to find the Black ninja, White ninja and Rushiko" Kai helped Jay up and walked out to join me. He kept his hand on my shoulder and smiled through his mask which made my insides flutter. I fumbled with my fingers nervously as we continued.

Kai told everyone about the trackers and Jay and Nya both complimented me, I felt happy and appreciated.

We followed to the next cell and saw both of them awake, try to find a way to break out. I broke the lock again and we got them out.

Jay pulled everyone in for a group hug. I stood there, trying not to make eye contact with anyone. Kai reached for me. I hesitated in taking his hand.

"Come on samurai, you're part of us now" Kai dragged me in to complete the imbrace.

We let go of each other and separated. Kai's fingers brushed my wrist, I held out my pinky finger and he connected with his.

"Where's Rushiko?" Cole asked. I switched on my tracker and saw that the signal was gone. No no no, how?!

"L-last we saw the signal in your cell" Kai checked with his communicator, he met my panicked eyes and he looked pretty confused too.

"Actually, she was with us-" Zane cut in. Jay jumped in, "was as in past-tense??"

"Yeah, after we gained consciousness, she was still out. Black Thorn sent some people to grab her. We couldn't do anything beacuse they threatened us saying that they'll kill her if we did anything sudden" Cole looked away shameful. Nya gently patted him on his back comfortingly,

"Don't worry, you did the right thing"

"Why can't we track her then?" Kai checked the tracking signal again and turned to me. I tried with my own communicator with no luck.

"Maybe it broke?"

"Maybe, we still to rescue her and get the heck out of here"

"Agreed samurai. What's next?"

"Find Rushiko I guess, we can't risk separating since you guys don't have any weapons on your right now..."

I kept my index finger to my chin and thought of a plan.