C 25 - "You're right, but I'm not the Kai you probably knew"

🔥-🔥-🌱-🔥-🔥

"Let us go!" I struggled against the purple tentacle-things wrapped around us. I throw my legs since my arms are bound and try to squirm out. The others also fight against the things but it was all useless since nothing we did seemed to have any sort of effect on Black Thorn's magic.

We were rendered helpless as she tried to wrap her recent wound with some bandages. I smirked behind my mask as blood still managed to soak through the few layers she was managed to warp around it. At least I did some damage.

"Keep on trying, I'm not worried" Black Thorn glared as I continued my struggle. "Ninja never give up!" Cole yelled at Black Thorn and kicked his legs. At that Black Thorn paused, then quickly finished wrapping her bandage and turned to us, an annoying glare on her eyes,

"If you were true ninja, you would've had a plan before even thinking about defeating me" she spat insultingly. We froze. For once, none of us had anything to say back. Black Thorn picked up her weapons, "that's what I thought"

"Remember me?!"

All of our gazes met with Lloyd and... Harumi?! Of course Lloyd was in his samurai gi and Harumi was in Rushiko's gi, her face was full revealed and she didn't look bothered. Lloyd was holding his swords, his eyes a little unsure about this whole situation.

"Jade?! How-" Black Thorn's cold eyes were wide open in surprise, mine too for that matter. Everything was silent for a few rare minutes. None of us said anything, Black Thorn and Harumi were glaring at each other while Lloyd tried to make eye contact with me.

When he finally did, I guess he caught my surprise. He furrowed his eyebrows and gave a slight nod. I guess he was saying that he'll get us out while Harumi distracted Black Thorn.

"Well- this was unexpected. I guess you are as good as dead now Harumi" Black Thorn said menacingly. Her tone was as cold as ice which made the hairs on my back shiver.

"I'm sorry but I don't have any plans of dying tonight"

Harumi's twin daggers gleamed in the ominous light as she smirked. Black Thorn hesitated, still unsure what to do and held on to her injury. Her eyes widened as if an idea hit her. I gulped, what now?

Black Thorn glared at Harumi, locking gaze with each other. She raised her hands up in one motion and snapped her right fingers.

Harumi's shoulders jerked back and her hands straightened beside her hips as if they were being tied down. Black Thorn is trying to take control over her again! I panicked and swung my legs harder. Lloyd noticed immediately but stayed put. I raised an eyebrow but Lloyd was not paying attention. He closed his eyes and kept his hand on Harumi's shoulder,

"You can't fight it Jade! " Black Thorn's hands curled into fists as he consentrated. I want to punch her so badly then but with these restraints, all we could do was watch.

But just as I thought Harumi might give in, her eyes shot open and they looked normal, maybe even brighter and stronger—but definitely not under control.

"N—no! It can't be" Black Thorn gasped and took a step back. Lloyd's wings and tail disappeared and Harumi's eye glowed green. Black Thorn took her daggers and was in battle stance. Lloyd opened his eyes and I could imagine a smirk right across his face at her reaction.

"Let's do this again shall we?" Harumi grinned, the green glow still present within her. Black Thorn didn't answer  and clenches her weapons tighter. Harumi charged at her, both of their daggers clash and they get heated.