C 17 - Steppin' it up with a new ally

🔥-🔥-🎋-🔥-🔥

For the next week, everything was pretty quiet. No crime, no more of rushiko or the other ninja in black. It made my whole team got anxious and suspicious. School could've been better; skylor left me alone but she left me hearts and flowers here and there. I made sure not to answer them. Lloyd seems a bit distant, he and I barely made eye contact and he didn't talk to me. I did my studies and turned in homework but I had to admit, I was board. No action, nothing to do. 

But prom was coming in a week and jay and nya are already gone out together. I really wanted to ask lloyd out but not in this terms. And I did put a deal with skylor to go out with her. "hey" nya broke my train of thought as I was putting my stuff in the locker. "ready for prom?" He asked with a grin. "easier said than done " i closed the door and sighed. "it's lloyd isn't it?" I nodded sorely. "he.....he's been a bit distant lately. I miss him. I-I really don't know-" nya took my hand comfortingly. "I want to ask him.....to prom" I blushed just at the thought of it. "cool!" "

sorta"

"maybe talk to him about it?" 

"are you nuts?! Skylor would kill me!!"

 Nya looked at me confused. Oh forgot to tell her- "I sort of put a deal with skylor" nya rolled her eyes. "she threatened me that she'll bully lloyd and I had to agree to be her date for prom to prevent that" 

"you're so stupid"

 "I was for his own good okay?! If I hadn't done it, who....who knows what would've happened to him."

"he looks capable enough to face her"

I hesitated. Truth is that I hated skylor and lloyd interacting. I felt as if she's gonna tell some bad stuff about me to lloyd that she probably made up and he's gonna believe her and not want to be friends with me. Nay shrugged at my silence, "it's fine brother. I'm sure you'll be there for him. And besides, you're amazing friend to him." I raised an eyebrow. "I've noticed. Keep being there for him. You'll never regret it" nya smiled and kissed my cheek.

"another thing; good luck on that algebra quiz at 10:30"

"thanks sis"

Nya winked, "always" and with that she walked to her next class. And yes, I did study for that quiz. Me having more free time does come in useful. 

I took a deep breath and headed to my class, which was, obviously, maths. As I walked in, I immediately noticed lloyd, his bright blonde hair and ponytail really can't be missed. With no self control, my cheeks flushed and I looked away. Get a grip! What's wrong with you kai? I groaned and flung my bag securely over my shoulders and headed for my usual seat at the back, conveniently next to lloyd. I tried to not make eye contact as I sat down and covered my face with my hands and set my head on the table. I stole a glance at lloyd, he's green eyes look dazzling as ever but worry crept in them, as if he's waiting for trouble to kick him any moment. He's hair has grown a bit more and was sticking out in places, I liked that point tho. He was sketching something on one of his notepads and he was very focused on it, his eyes darting around the design he was drawing. Curiously boiled inside of me. 

"hey green"

Lloyd flinched, probably not having seen me come in. "hi" he simply replied, still not taking his eyes off his sketch. "nice choice of nicknames hotshot" 

"what-"

"i've heard girls saying that all over the place, especially that one chick with the red and grey eyes, I try to avoid at her at best case scenario "

I flushed hard and wrapped my arms even tighter to cover most of my blush. "just don't flatter yourself too much just 'cause I said that"

"shut up. "