C 19 - You fluster me to death

🔥-🔥🎋-🔥-🔥

"yes! Oh my god yes!! I finally asked him! Sure, now skylor might want to kill me but who cares! " I punched the air, full of adrenaline. "not the way I expected it to go but it's good enough for me" I grinned to myself and got back to class."

Flashback: Sunday: Lunch: At Jay's house,

Kai and Jay explained everything that happened the day before, mostly kai did the explaining since he witnessed more. He'd also given the other's their new ear pieces, made by the samurai. Nya's one was the one decorated with blue wavy patterns, Cole's one was black with orange lava cracks and Zane's was a white and light blue gradient with snowflake designs. 

Needless to day, they loved the features and the designs on them. Kai was relieved and silently thanked the samurai for the tenth times.

"let me wrap my mind around everything, so this Black Thorn is a supposed heir of this long lost family?" Nya asked. "I know it's sorta overwhelming but according to the samurai yes" I answered.

"and Rushiko is our friend now? And now they is a  girl?!" Cole stated. I nodded, "yup"

"well that's a lot to take in"

"Rushiko or Black Thorn?"

"both" Zane took a breather.

"okayyy then. I know it's a big.....revel but we need to stay strong and kind out more about the Young heir of this Chen family. Black thorn seems to be our age"

"or maybe she's just short. Who knows, she could be in her twenties" nya pointed out.

Just then , our conversation was held up by Jay's mum laying the food on the table. We took our portions and ate up, we talked up a conversation with Jay's parents but Kai concentration was somewhere else. After  everyone's finished dinner, Jay's parents went to their own work and we moved to the living room and watched some TV. 

"I want to track the black thorn....somehow"

"easier said than done. Who ever she is, she's a sly vixen. The best any one of us can do I attach a tracker to her and corner her" Cole suggested. "not bad. Maybe I could work on a proper tracking device with the samurai" the others agreed with kai. Then an awkward silence filled in. But nya broke in, 

"you seem very eager to spent time with the samurai now, don't you?"

"good point nya. A month ago, all you wanted was to fight him, I guess you were silenced with he threw into the pool at Lloyd's gala. But now, you really want to be with him and help him" Jay remarked with a smirk. Kai's cheeks flushed, he looked away to conceal his fluster. "whatever. Anyways, we need to regroup and search the city for any clues on Tuesday night." I said firmly. Jay groaned in protest, "come on, it's movie night-"

"no objections. Black thorn must be dealt with before prom night"

"because kai wants to ask lloyd out-" cole cooed. Kai shot a dirty look and crossed his arms. "shut up. I really don't want anything crazy happening during prom on Friday, that's all" kai shrugged, trying to prove his point. "okay geez. We'll meet up at the park at 9? You guys okay with that?" Nya proposed.

The others nodded in confirmation.

End of flashback,

As the bell dismissed the period, Kai went to his locker as tucked his books in. "is the deal still valid?" Skylor said from next to me. At her cold voice, I internally jumped but I showed a plain expression in front of her. "I guess" I zipped my bag and flung it across my shoulder. "stop ignoring me"