03

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

JEALOUS GIRL
Newcomer

It had been a few months since the beginning of school and not much had changed. Talk of Xavier and Bianca breaking up had the school in concussion. They all thought everything was perfect with the couple, nothing out of the ordinary.

Évangéline should be feeling joyous over the break up if Xavier and Bianca, instead she felt bad for Xavier. She had never seen him so down. She knew Ajax saying that "He didn't get enough sleep last night" wasn't just a one off.

News spread like wildfire that a new girl was going to be attending Nevermore. Gossip spread that she killed a boy at her school; from what Évangéline heard, no one liked her.

It was finally the day of when Nevermore opened their gates, yet again, for a newcomer. People in the court yard could hear the cracking of the rocks underneath tires. Followed by footsteps walking into an office labelled PRINCIPAL WEEMS.

Évangéline was walking through the courtyard people watching with Ajax. "If you could have a different power, what would it be?" He broke the silence. "Probably be psychic. That would be cool to see into the future." She replied, surprising him. "Don't look so surprised, what did you think I was going to say?"

"In all honesty, I thought you were going to say to be a siren. You know, like Bianca. Sorry." He admitted, receiving a look. "You're so lucky you're high right now, Jax." She pointed a finger at him, hear the echoing voice of her other friend, Enid.

"The whole snarky goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different." Évangéline could see the bright girl was standing with a short black haired girl, this was the new student. Walking up to the pair, leaving Ajax wondering what else he wanted to be, she surprised she blonde girl.

"Oh my gosh, Évangéline! I didn't see you." Enid said in a shock, making the brunette laugh. "Anyway this is the new student-"

"WEDNESDAY ADDAMS." The shorter one answered, interrupting Enid. Surprising both of the girls, as she had barely spoken a word without an insult towards someone in her stay.

"Nice to meet you I'm Évangéline, Évangéline Star." The French girl smiled and the dark girl nodded.

Enid interrupted the twos interaction, "Let me and Évangéline give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene." Waking through students interacting, giving Wednesday dirty looks.

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." Wednesday drawled to the two bright girls.

Enid, looking down, retaliated, "Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." Making the quieter girl snigger. "There are many flavour of outcasts here," she continued, "but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales." Pointing towards a raffles of girls and boys with sunglasses, drinking a mysterious red liquid Enid explained who they were. "Those are Fangs."

"Aka vampires. My best friend, Yoko, is over there too." Évangéline butted in, waving towards the said girl. "Some of them have literally been here for decades, poor them."

Continuing their walk, Enid explained the next group of people. "That bunch of knuckleheads are furs, aka werewolves." Pointing to the group of people with frizzy hair, sitting and howling around a table. "Like me!"

"Full moons get pretty loud around here. That's when furs 'wolf out'." Évangéline explained, "I suggest you pick up some noise-cancelling headphones."

Stopping their walk, Wednesday spoke. "I'm assuming scales are sirens?" Looking over, Évangéline went quiet. Bianca was staring the girl down, hearing a small; "you catch on quick." From Enid broke her out of her stare. "And that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty." Both Enid and Évangéline rolling their eyes. "Although her crown's been slipping lately. She used to date out resident tortured artist, Xavier Thorpe." At the sound of his name made her heart thump in her ears. Looking over to the said boy made her have a small smile, a sad one at that.

"But they broke up at the beginning of the semester. Reason unknown. He is also Évangéline's crush, and has been for about a bazillion years! She just needs the courage to ask him out." Enid remarked.

Not listening to the conversation, Évangéline was busy with the sudden staring contest her and Xavier were having. Both of them looking away, Enid bragged about her blog to Wednesday.

"Yo, Enid! You're not going to believe the dirt I heard about your new roommate. Hey Ev." Ajax came to them, obviously not seeing the girl he was gossiping about. "She eats human flesh." Looking at the boy with wide eyes he didn't stop, "Totally chowed down on that kid she murdered. You better watch your back." He warned, a snake slowly creeping its way out.

Both of the girls stepped back to reveal the new girl, shocking Ajax. "Quite the contrary. I actually fillet the bodies of my victims, then feed them to my menagerie of pets." Wednesday spoke, scaring the high boy stood in front of them.

"Ajax, this is the new girl, Wednesday." Évangéline spoke, trying to calm his nerves.

He muttered a small 'woah' . "You're in black and white. Like a living instagram filter!" He spoke in shock, looking to Évangéline for her support on the statement.

"Ignore him. Gorgons spend way too much time getting stoned." Enid pushed Ajax, making him walk off with Évangéline tag along.

End of Newcomer

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

Hi so that's the longest chapter so far with like 900 words. Chapters hopefully will be coming out a lot more frequently now as I can use the actual series as a backbone so I know what direction I'm going. Also not sure if it's true but I saw on TikTok that Percy was proved innocent and that the girl who began it was just using the metoo movement to her advantage but I'm not sure because I don't want to downplay people who were assaulted and affected by the situation or who were assaulted but by other people (if that makes sense) and I also don't want to blame an innocent man so I'm neutral on the situation until it is sold proof .

Sorry for the rant but new chapter soon hopefully this is literally the beginning of the episode.