08

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

JEALOUS GIRL
A new vampire

Students filled the greenhouse, ready for botanical science. As Évangéline walked in, she saw Ajax talking to the teacher. "I'm going to give you all the materials again," Miss Thornhill explained as she walked past. Chuckling as she walked past, she received a shove in return.

Settling in her seat she could see Wednesday talking to Thing, behind a plant pot. "I see you finally made a friend." The voice of Bianca echoed the glass walls. "Even if it is a plant."

"I go for quality over quantity." The black haired girl retaliated, not giving away Things presence.

Looking over to Xavier, he was scribbling on his notebook; obviously drawing something. Noticing Wednesday hadn't sat down, she was about to call out to sit next to her. That was until a vampire boy sat next to her. With Wednesday looking around, she gave the girl a sorry look.

"There's an open spot next to me." She heard Xavier offer, the row behind her. "If you can stand sitting that close to an elitist snob." He continued. This gave Évangéline a chuckle. Although she was "mad" at the boy for thinking he's using her, the snarky comeback was funny.

(Let's pretend that Xavier doesn't sit front row ;) )

She received a look from the boy next to her, he had pale skin and dark black hair; of course paired with sunglasses. She tempered him as one of the guys Yoko hung out with when they weren't together.

"Marshall. Marshall Lee? I'm friends with Yoko?" The newfound Marshall said to her. She gave a confused look, "You were staring, I assumed you wanted to know my name." He anxiously chuckled.

"Oh sorry! I'm-" She replied, then being interrupted.

"Évangéline, Yoko told me. She talks about you a lot, all good things I swear." He interrupted.

Hearing rustling, she looked around looking for the culprit. She was only met with the harsh glare of Bianca. 'What now?' She thought, wanting to know why Bianca gave her death stares.

"I doubt Wednesday is impressed by your tricks, Me Thorpe." Miss Thornhill droned. With Évangéline looking backwards, Wednesday gave a look almost to say, 'help me!'.

"Admit it, you're a little impressed." Xavier asked Wednesday. Évangéline was kicking herself as she was feeling a little jealous over Wednesday. She knew she didn't mean to, yet it was the second time of something like this happening.

With Wednesday noticing a glum look on her acquaintances face, she slammed her hand down onto the drawn spider. With that, the students laughed at Xavier's expense. Sending a thankful smile to Wednesday, Évangéline received a small nod in return.

"Wednesday, we're thrilled to have you join us on out journey into the world of carnivorous plants." Thornhill spoke. "Now, who can tell us the name of this beauty?" Thornhill gestures towards a plant in a glass casing; Bianca immediately raising a hand.

As she was about to answer, "Dendrophylax lindenii." Wednesday interrupted.

"Otherwise known as the ghost orchid." Bianca glared over to the interrupting girl.

"First discovered on the Isle of Wright in 1854." Wednesday spoke, eyes straight forward. She received a look of astonishment from the woman in the front.

"Very good, Wednesday! Looks like you may have competition for first chair, Bianca." Thornhill praised as students ooo and snigger. "Wednesday, perhaps you can identify the ghost orchid's greatest qualities."

"Resilience and adaptability." The mentioned girl immediately replied. "It's able to thrive in even the most hostile environments."

"But it's main presence can change the ecosystem, bringing others down with it and causing the established plants to reject it." Bianca sounded, as if she was talking about Wednesday becoming acquaintances with Évangéline and calling herself an 'established' plant.

"Usually because the native species is allowed to thrive unchecked." Wednesday added, obviously seeing through Bianca. "Nothing a weed wacker couldn't fix."

"You can most certainly try."

"Are we still talking about flowers?" Xavier spoke up, being bored of the conversation going on either side of him. Students chuckle at the joke.

"Thank you, ladies, for those illuminating insights. Clearly the plants aren't the only carnivores in class today." Thornhill joked.

Waking out of the science classroom, the vampire caught up with her. It took her by surprise, to say the least.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" He asked, nervous.

Évangéline was about to answer with a 'yes', that was until she remembered Enid needed her. Looking over Marshall's shoulder, she saw the glare of Xavier Thorpe. 'What?'

"Sorry, I would but-" she started.

"No, no it's fine. Maybe some other time?" He interrupted, walking away.

Furrowing her brows, she shook her head and walked to find Enid. Not noticing the look from Xavier behind her.

End of a new vampire

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

Shorter chapter sorry, also wish new friends :0 next chapter soon privs gonna write it now :)