04

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

JEALOUS GIRL
Splash of colour

The clattering of foils echoed through the large hall with the squeaks of a shoe once in a while. A black figure emerged from the doorway, adding an extra set of footsteps into the classroom. Noticing the black haired girl, Évangéline took off her mask giving a smile to the girl. She turned her head and gave a nod to the pink haired girl.

Adjusting her ponytail, she heard the noise of nails tapping and the smell of neroli and bergamot. She looked around to see if anyone was on the floor tapping their nails or applying lotion, she saw no one.

In her turning head movement, she noticed a boys eyes on her. It was the second time that it had happened recently and Évangéline was over the moon. Xavier was looking at her! Did she have something in her teeth? Did she have something in her face? Did she look insane looking for whatever she heard?

The sound of a grunt and someone falling off the floor took Xavier's eyes off her; and stopped her overthinking. She noticed it was the other telekinetic, Rowan.

"Coach, coach, she tripped me!" The boy whined, not liking he lost.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan." The coach drawled, already annoyed with the fact he complained.

"Maybe is you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck." The sharp tongue of Bianca spat towards the young telekinetic on the floor. "Seriously, Coach, when am I gonna get a real competition?" Bianca asked as Rowan got up, retrieving his glasses off of the teacher. "Anyone else want to challenge me." Bianca asked tirelessly.

"I do." Wednesday spoke up. Making her presence known, if anyone didn't see her in the all black attire.

"Oh, you must be the psychopath they let in." Bianca taunted. Évangéline was about to speak up to defend who she hoped was her friend.

"And you must be the self-appointed queen bee." Wednesday related, Bianca gave a nod to show she was correct. "Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers, they drop dead." Évangéline was confused by this. She wondered if Wednesday was giving out a death threat to Bianca.

Bianca looking for someone to be on her side, looking worried, spoke back. "Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defence. He's not helpless, he's just lazy." She looked back to the mentioned boy, seeing he took out his inhaler.

"Are we doing this or not?" Wednesday interrupted her tangent. Bianca gave a nod walking into position, Wednesday following.

"En garde." The Coach announced. Noticing Évangéline wasn't the only person to stop and eavesdrop on the battle between the two girls, she saw Xavier and his partner watching intently. Being on the opposite side to them, she kept making eye contact with the long haired boy.

Wednesday dropped to the floor and achieved the first point. Évangéline was happy by this, she hopped Wednesday would win. It would knock Bianca down a few pegs.

As Évangéline walked up to Enid and Yoko, Bianca gained the next point. The three girls sighing in unison. The score was even.

Bianca taunted Wednesday even more, "That first point was clearly beginner's luck. Let's finish this." She said, walking in a circle.

The shorter girl proposed an idea to the Coach. "For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challenge." Everyone stopped to look at the interaction. "No masks. No tips." This earned a response from the on lookers. "Winner draws first blood."

Everyone took an intake of breath at this, intrigued of Bianca's answer. "It's your decision, Bianca." The coach spoke. The room was quiet you could hear a pin drop. Évangéline could still hear the tapping of nails against the wood. Looking around for the second time, seeing Xavier looking at her with a small smile. Returning one she went back to the game. Bianca agreed.

"Let's see if you bleed in black and white."

The clashing of foils started again. Both girls competing for the final point. Dancing around the room.

Wednesday sharply turned her head. She lost. Pushing back her bangs, she swiped a drop of blood off he brow. A warm red liquid coating her fingers. "Your face finally got that splash of colour it so desperately needed." Bianca concluded, her foil still out in front of her.

End of splash of colour

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

Hi two chapter in one day woah! I'm going to post today until the first episode is done. Sorry it barely had any Évangéline content and sorry for the lack of Xavier but if you can't tell it's a slow ish burn I tried to add a little bit here and there but it's not the best chapter bye :)