05

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

JEALOUS GIRL
Mysterious accidents

Évangéline had gone to the medical wing with Wednesday, giving her company and directions. The nurse was finishing up with her face as Rowan spoke up. "You're Wednesday, right? Rowan. Hey Évangéline." He noticed the other girl, giving her a wave and received one in return. "I know how you feel."

"I guarantee you don't." Wednesday deep panned.

"My mother promised me I'd finally fit in somewhere." Rowan took a deep breath, "I never thought it was possible to be an outcast in a school full of outcasts. Looks like you're going to give me a run for my money." He chuckled.

"Sorry about the nick." He pointed towards his own face.

"No good deed goes unpunished." Wednesday glumly assured.

Walking out of the infirmary, Wednesday stopped to see why the water tank was making an unusual noise.

"Don't worry it always does that. Well had been for as long as I've been here" Évangéline pointed out.

"Sorry lost my train of thought, thought I saw someone." She apologised, walking off.

The pattering of rain landed on the umbrellas possessed by Wednesday and Évangéline. The noise of a faint movement of stone was converted by the rain. Évangéline looked towards her hands, wondering if it was her powers acting up. Wednesday carried on walking ignoring the scraping.

Évangéline still confused if it was her hands were turning and flipping them, wondering what was happening.

"ÉVANGÉLINE!" A familiar voice shouted. Looking upwards she saw the stone gargoyle falling towards her. Frozen she didn't know what to do. She couldn't use her powers either.

The feeling of being pushed to the floor and a heavy body landed on her took her out of shock. With the harsh impact she hit her head, blacking out.

The feeling of a soft warm bed felt a lot different than the wet concrete outside. Fluttering her eyes open, she saw someone she wouldn't expect, Xavier.

"Welcome back." He spoke, smirking at the smaller girl. Her breath shortened and she sat up. "Take it easy." He sounded worried as he sat down, holding her shoulder. "Nurse said you don't have a concussion but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?" She joked, his voice still soft.

The only thing Évangéline couldn't do in this situation was look at Xavier. She could feel his caring eyes on her. "The last thing I remember I was walking with Wednesday outside, after she got out of the infirmary. Feeling glad it was only a cut. Then I heard this noise. It might sound weird but it was like a scraping. I thought I was moving something with my telekinesis, so I looked down at my hands. I knew Wednesday walked inside as I heard the door shut. I think she was angry." The girl informed.

"Losing to Bianca has that effect in people, I think." He spoke with disgust at the mention of her name. "With the scraping that was one of the stone gargoyles." Without her noticing he was caressing her hand with his thumb.

"I heard someone shout, I think you. For some reason I looked up. I just saw the gargoyle falling. I couldn't move Xavier." Her voice gained louder as it felt as she was going to cry.

"That's why I pushed you out of the way." He gripped tighter to her hand, making it noticeable that it was there.

"Why?" She made eye contact finally.

"Call it instinct." He clicked his tongue not breaking eye contact.

"Thank you. I appreciate it. If I would've you know...died, I woul t of been able to finish my creative writing essay." She smiled in awe of his chivalry and that they were finally talking.

"Good to see you never changed." He remarked with a smile. He was given a confused look. "Creative writing, second year? You probably don't remember but you sat on the table in front me. I remember you were so happy to be at the front, you said to Yoko that you two were lucky to sit at the front. You could have some hands on learning." He looked at her, seeing if she realised what he was on about. She did, it was the second time they spoke together.

"I was so bad at creative writing, and still am. I know I can drop it, I just can't ever seem to think of another reason why. I had asked for your help on where to use a comma, stupid I know." He continued, looking down in embarrassment.

"That's not stupid." She interrupted, making the boy look up at her. She sent a smile, "it took me like three years to even learn to spell beginning and I still can't." She laughed. He joined in.

"I remember you laughing. But not- not in a horrible 'bitchy', like the other girls in the class was. No you were sweet to me and telling me it was alright." He put his arms out. "So, now we're even."

Smiling at the fact he remembered, she gripped his hand tighter. "Miss Star." The sound of her name made her look up, "You're all set to go, don't forget your bag sweetie." The nurse advised.

Standing up, Xavier picked her bag up for her. She held her hand out, thinking it was going to get past to her. "No, no you're still injured. From the weight of this you would topple over." He laughed, Évangéline joining in aswell.

End of mysterious accidents

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

So cute :) they finally spoke yay! With this interaction I was half way through writing the part when Évangéline was looking at her hands and I realised wtf am I going to do about Wednesday so I just had her walk off. Probably one chapter until episode one is finished :) also are you enjoying longer chapters like this it was around 900 words