20

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

JEALOUS GIRL
Fantasy world

It was the mayors funeral. Everyone was staying silent, holding their black umbrellas, paying their respects to the man that had helped so much, in not only the town Jericho but also Nevermore. The rain pattered down, causing echos of sound throughout the funeral.

The beautiful flowers, given from the local florists, were in top of the casket. The mayors wife and her son, Lucas, were front row. His wife had been holding a white lily, symbolising the mayor moving on to his next place.

Évangéline had been to one funeral; the one of her mother. The woman had been suffering with cancer, for over ten years. They had found out when Évangéline was nine. She had been changed; her father only thought it was a good idea, that a few years later, she had attended Nevermore.

CLICK! CLICK!

The sound of someone clicking echoed through the hallway of Nevermore. It was a cold evening, Évangéline was only wearing a shirt skirt with a small blue top. Following the noise, she was only met with a blank hallway, the one containing the statue of Allen Poe. Something about it made her think clicking was the answer.

CLICK! CLICK!

Her theory had worked, not in a way she anticipated. The wings of the eagle inched it's way down, causing the whole statue to retreat. There was now a staircase, leading to what seemed like a library.

Descending down the staircase, she could hear someone's conversation. "If I am the monster," it sounded like Xavier, "then why haven't I killed you. Or better yet, Évangéline." Who was the you?

"Because for some reason I can't fathom or indulge, you seem to like Évangéline. And killing me would arise suspicion from Évangéline, drifting her away from you." Wednesday. Xavier was talking to Wednesday.

"Évangéline deserves better than you." Xavier finished. It sounded like he was making his way back up the stairs.

Making her escape, she could only think two things.

Why is there a creepy basement in the school?

And

Why was Wednesday so focused on blaming Xavier?

Enid was planning on moving into Évangéline and Yoko's dorm, for the rest of the school year. Évangéline couldn't blame her; if anything, Wednesday had been so focused on herself to even realise. It wouldn't surprise her if Wednesday didn't care when Miss Thornhill asked her about the situation.

The next few weeks had been slow. There were no attacks and seemingly no worries. The only mishap is that Wednesday still had her head in the clouds, still thinking that driving away anyone would help her. Évangéline had also been spending time with Marshall. She believed Marshall had changed, and had a new crush.

"Oh, come on! You have to tell me." Évangéline begged at her seat in the greenhouse.

"I don't have to say anything." Marshall motioned a zipping movement towards his mouth. He then pushed a hand towards her face, pushing her away.