15

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

JEALOUS GIRL
Oh mon Dieu

Parent's Weekend, the days Évangéline hates the most. After seeing the loving families when she arrives after the summer, she hates this even more. Families act like they haven't seen their kids in hundreds of years. Every year, no one came to see Évangéline. She once asked her father why, his excuse was; 'I'm too busy with work.'.

As she leant against the balcony, watching her principal giving a speech. "Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and grow no matter who or what they are." Weems was met with a round of applause for the oh so original speech. "I realise most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students." She was talking about Eugene. Évangéline had never really spoken to the younger boy, all she knew that he was a loner who enjoyed bees.

Rolling her eyes at the rest of what Weems was saying, she turned going to walk away. Only to be met with a figure she wasn't expecting. "Oh mon Dieu! [oh my gosh!] Xavier!" She held a hand to her chest, steadying her breathing. "What are you doing here?" She anxiously fixed her hair.

"Not sure how much of this family togetherness I can take." He leaning against the barrier of where she was. "Sorry for scaring you." He awkwardly smiled.

"Are you ok?" Évangéline tilted her head, "You look very, red?" Was he blushing? Over her? Was this progress? Going off of what Bianca had said last weekend?

"Oh, yeah." He scratched that back of his neck, brushing over the scabbed over wound. "Just peachy." Just peachy? What is he, stupid? "I just, you know, went on a run." He talked with his hands, pushing his point further.

Évangéline turned towards the quad, looking for anyone that resembles Xavier. "Is, um, anyone here today? For you." Évangéline asked, finding anyway to not makes eye contact.

"No, my dads a no show. Again." Xavier pushed his hands deep as possible into his pockets and scuffed his foot. "I got a text this morning." Then, he looked around. Seeing if anyone resembled his Angel. "Anyone here for you?" He noticed the disheartened look she had.

"My dad has never visited. Always says 'works busy', it gets annoying after a while." Évangéline shrugged, closing her arms around her body.

"That's no way to talk young lady." His voice made Évangéline and Xavier freeze, for two different reasons. Xavier was scared of being told off for being with the girl and being partly the reason she looked upset, and obviously never hearing that voice in his life. Évangéline had a mixture of excitement and resentment. Her dad was here, yay. But also she was having a one on one with Xavier. And he's never bothered to show his face before.

Évangéline didn't know whether she would cry with happiness or run away crying out of frustration. "Dad." She dragged on, awkwardly smiling.

"Whose this young man?" He smiled, an odd behaviour for him, "No wait. You're Vincent Thorpe's boy. Aren't you?" His behaviour was confusing Évangéline. Why was he here? Why is he being so nice? Especially after he's caught her with a boy. Alone! What happened to the "No boys" rule?

"Uh, yes. Yes sir." Xavier nodded, stuttering his words. He was also confused.

"I knew that man when it was our days here, not spoken in a while. Send him my greetings." The smile would not leave his face. "C'est un bon garçon Evie." [he's a good lad Evie.] Her father winked.

Évangéline was immediately was embarrassed by this. "Papa arrête!" [Dad stop!] she whisper shouted, even though she was 99% sure Xavier couldn't understand a word in French; seeing he has a very confused and awkward face.

"Well, me and Evie will be off." At her fathers statement directed at Xavier, she was confused. Off? Off to where? "Hope to see you soon Xavier." And with that Charles had walked off.

"Oh mon Dieu,"[Oh my gosh,] Évangéline cursed. "You heard him, bye Xavier. And, uh, sorry." She walked off, avoiding eye contact. Xavier wasn't mad, he was giddy. He had an irascible smile on his face.

He loved it when she spoke French.

End of Oh mon Dieu

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

I absolutely love this chapter:) also peek my French yr 8 and yr 9 french came into play again thank you for 400 reads only yesterday it was 300 :)