Chapter 1

I plopped the tray of food I got from the cafeteria then, dropped my shoulder bag beside me. I exclaimed in disgust, "UGH! I cannot believe Dad confiscated my car and my license! Dammit..." I folded my arms across my chest and ate in anger.

"It's your fault - you always manage to get yourself into trouble." Jeremy, Aunt Erza and Uncle Jellal's son, scolded me. He's practically my best friend in the whole world.

"I do not!" I pouted when I remembered every incudent I've committed. "Okay, so I do get into trouble. So, what? It's not even my fault bad luck follows me."

"Is it really bad luck, Nashi?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow at me.

I nodded, "So, you don't call catching your boyfriend cheating on you with your worst enemy and got dirt in your eye therefore crashing into his neighbor's car?" I rolled my eyes at him as I ate my lunch.

"Dylan and Tiffany?" Jeremy shakes his head, "I'm not surprised. Both are whores."

"Dyl is not a whore." I contradicted.

"But, you called him that." Jeremy stated, lifting an eyebrow at me.

"Okay. So I did. I was caught up with the moment. What else can I do?" I waved my arms around then, "I was caught up with the moment."

I heard Jeremy chuckle but his smile faded away, "Stop dating guys and start looking for 'the One'." Jeremy moved his eyebrows up and down as he throws his trash in the trash can of the school. I followed after him since we have the same class.

"It may be hard to notice but, finding "The One" is harder than it looks. Unlike you boys, you can flirt with girls and take 'em for all you care." I heard Jeremy smirk. "But, being a girl like me - I can't find a faithful guy." I folded my arms across my chest then sighed in disappointed when we sat next to each other in class.

"If only I can find someone like... Dyl who doesn't cheat." I sighed yet again and dropped my textbooks on top of my desk then crossed my legs under.

"Aren't I the one?" Jeremy winked teasingly then he chuckles. "BUT, seriously, I can help you find one." He shrugs casually.

"Really?" I let my hopes up get the best of me.

"No." He wipes his smile off his face then opens my textbook. "You should have this as your motto : Study first, date boys later. Simple."

I roll my eyes at him. "Easy for you to say. I think you're gonna become a monk in the future." I dropped my hand on the textbook then started doodling my name on it.

"At least I'm not someone who finds a new boyfriend everytime after the break-up." Jeremy started taking notes in class.

"Is it even wrong to find my own guy?" I played with my pencil then looked outside. "I mean, I just wanna find the perfect guy who would fit inside my portrait."

"Phew. He needs to be six inches tall, then." Jeremy laughs at his own jokes then got shushed by our Professor. I laugh silently at his mistake.

"Ha ha. Very funny, Jeremy Fernandez." I shake my head at him as I continued to not pay attention in class.

"I'm not saying it's wrong to... to find a guy but, now is just not the time to find it. Now is the time to study. Pass. Have a better future then you find a guy." Jeremy stated then raised his hand to recite the equation.

When he sits back down, I rested my chin on the palms of my hand and sighed. "Sounds too difficult and-"

"Boring." Jeremy finished my sentence. He nods in agreement. "Yeah, I know but, that's life's shit."

The class bell rings as a signal for next class. Jeremy and I get out of class then went to our lockers - which were next to each other since our parents arranged it since they're the best of friends.

"I just wish I could be the good girl I used to be." I closed my locker then got startled when I found one of the Professors who hated me since I got here.

"How many times do I have to tell you - NO nail polish,"

I looked at my nails then pouted, "My nail beds are creepy to look at." I said as an excuse.

"NO wearing of short shorts,"

"It's too hot in the school." I dramatically fanned myself using my right hand and faked a sweat.

"NO spaghetti tops,"

"Oh, that's bullshit. It's not a sin to wear this at school on a hot hot day."

"NO cursing!" The professor lifted her eyebrow at me then scoffed after she examined my body from head-to-toe. "I'm very disappointed in you. Your mother would be so disappointed in you. In fact, your own future grand-children would be disappointed in you for not getting the greatest grades in your family just bbecause you went to a public highschool." She gasped, fanning herself from the heat.

I scoffed, "Was she really lecturing or monolouging her life?" Jeremy laughed along as we walked to our class next door.

"Hey, babe." I looked up and saw Dylan, about to crouch and kiss my lips but, luckily I have a firm hand and grabbed his whole facr with my hand and pushed him out of my way.

"I'm nobody's babe." I stated coldly as Jeremy and I walked to the cafeteria.

"Uh, Nash, aren't we gonna...cut class or something?" Jeremy asked. I shake my head at him.

"Who gives a shit?"

"I do!" Jeremy fought, sighing in disappointment. "Look, Nash, let's go back - before they're on to us. Come on." He pleaded.

I roll my eyes and sighed, "Whatever.."

_ _ _

After class, as Jeremy and I were walking out the school, Tiffany and her 'girls' block the path. I ran a hand through my hair then groaned, "Here we go.."

"Nashi, Nashi, Nashi," she tilts her head on the other way. "Just how many boys will you have to take before you're satisfied?"

"Uh, excuse me - I'm pretty sure you're the one who stole my boyfriend." I stated sarcastically.

"Oh my, you took Jeremy Fernandez as your boyfriend this time?" She scoffs. "How pathetic. From popular to zero." She snorts evilly as she laughed along with the girls.

I roll my eyes, "Sorry to tell you, dear, but I ain't that desperate. I'm not a slut."

"Ugh. Are you pointing me?" She asked after she gasped.

I shrugged casually, "I didn't say or point a thing. You did it yourself." I heard the students sorrounding us laugh. I smirk triumphantly. "Toodles."

I flipped my hair up high in the air as I walked out of the school with Jeremy. I let my hand lurk through my pocket but then I stomped in my heel when I remembered.

I cursed under my breath, "Damn it. I forgot about Dad confiscating it."

Jeremy chuckled, "We can go in my car."