Chapter 9

Rainbow's P.O.V.

"What's taking them so long...?" I gruffed to myself, flipping my hair out of my eyes. Then looked at the big clock hanging over the wall.

"The bell's about to ring, let's go." Gale told me, pulling me by my shoulder but I roughly made his arm let go of mine.

"I'm so not leaving Jeremy for this. Whatever. To heck with the principal when I go to class late." folding my arms together across my chest, I placed my leg over my other leg and stared at the time on my watch. "Ohh... man..." I softly mumbled under my breath, my hair was starting to make me itch all over.

Gale sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "Hoh, man..."

The bell had rang but still, Nash and Jeremy didn't look like they were gonna appear any time now. "Jer....!" I silently hoped he will appear and grab my hand so we could go to class together.

"Come-on, Ray." Gale had picked me up literally by the back of my shirt and started carrying me all the way to class.

"W-wha-? Hey! Put me down, Gale!" I demanded, pointing downwards. Gale is a lot taller than me, he's 6"0 while me, being left with the height of 5"0.

"Uh-uh. No way in hell am I gonna be late. That means you, too." Gale stated.

"Ugh!!"

×××

Nashi's P.O.V.

Out of panicking due from hearing the morning bell, I slapped Jeremy's chest away from me, resulting his lips to separate from mine.

I stared at him horribly. "D-Did you... just... do... what I think you did?!" I tried lowering my voice even though I would love to scream all my anger at him right now. "Y-Y-You... just... k-k-kissed--"

His eyes widened in shock. His back slammed by the lockers as he held his lips tightly. "W-What the hell just happened?"

"Wha-?" I lifted my arms up. "I should be asking you that! You kissed me! On purpose!"

He shook his head. "No—dammit." He covered his eyes and rested on one of the lockers. "Shit. There was a teacher coming across us so I had to press my body against you so I could hide you at least but... but..." he held his lips.

"...a-are you sure that's the truth?" I asked, trying to get a reassured answer from him.

He sighs. "Look, why on earth would I kiss you? You're my bestfriend and I'm--"

"Taken." I managed to finish his sentence before he could then started to walk away from him. I couldn't help but hold on to my lips. I could still feel the warmth of his lips on mine.

"...and you're probably wondering why I decided to start dating Bow, right?"

Without turning, I just shook my head. "No way. I wouldn't ask a foolish question." I turned to my heel and smirked, trying to hide my sadness with b*tch mode Nashi. "You two deserve each other."

With that said, I finally started walking away from him to get to class. Well, actually I just wanted to skip class. I wanted to cut classes. Not in the mood for any--

"Sakura Nashi Dragneel!"

Speaking of.

Turning to my heel, I saw one of my most strict and unlikeable professor. She stopped to her tracks when she stopped an inch before me with her arms resting on her hips. "You are such a disgrace to Lucy's name! Your mother--"

"was the most talented, well-behaved scholars your school has ever got. I already know the whole background. She's my Mom for goodness sake." I sighed in frustration and massaged my forehead then sat on the chair made out of a rock.

"When are you going to learn to behave--like a normal girl on campus. Hm?" She asked with her arms folded against her chest.

Blowing a strand of my hair to get it out of my way, she sighed. "You're a talented girl, Nashi. I know that. You're just like your mother. Her image. Her brightness. You're just not using them right."

Oh, great. So suddenly she shows some worriedness on me, huh? I shook my head and rested my chin on the palm of my hand, looking away from her.

"Nashi, I promise you--when you do BIG changes in your life, you will definitely correct all your mistakes. Dylan is one of those mistakes." She told me.

"How did you know...?"

She softly chuckles. "All prefects of discipline has eyes and ears everywhere." She stated in a deep voice.

I slowly nodded. "I'll try.. I guess..."

She smiles in relief and nodded. "Alright. Thank you. And good luck on changing, Nashi. I'm counting on you!" Her voice slowly faded away as soon as she disappeared.

Big changes, huh...?

×××

SHORT UPDATE! WILL UPDATE SOONER!

XOXO, CLARE-CHAN ♥ ♥ ♥

#AmHaggard