39

CHAPTER 39

       Sleeping back in the pod was torture for Neteyam.

Thanks to his darling father, Neteyam and Erìhe slept in the furthest corners from each other and he could not even hold her hand.

Oh and the scolding he'd gotten the other day..

Jake had been nice enough to let Erìhe scurry off before yelling at his son - after all he had been a teenage boy once and knew how horrible it was to be embarrassed by one's parents in front of the person they like.

He did not wish that for Neteyam - though Erìhe had already witnessed all his embarrassing moments.

"It's not fair," Neteyam groaned as he sat beside Erìhe by the beach as the sun began to hide, "He did not say even one word to you about being out all night - but me? I got grounded again!"

"Are you saying you'd wish for me to be grounded as well?" Erìhe raised a teasing brow as she turned her head to look at the side of his face.

Neteyam leaned back on his elbows and looked back at her, "No," he laughed, "But at least we could spend time together."

"We're spending time together right now," Erìhe pointed out.

Neteyam reached out with his hand to hold hers, "Suppose so," he shrugged, looking down at their hands as his thumb drew circles on the back of her palm. "Don't go out after eclipse without me, though."

The sentence sounded like a demand, but by the tone of his voice and the way that his brows furrowed, Erìhe could easily tell that it was a request. He did not want to be stuck in that pod while she's off having fun.

With who though? Erìhe had no clue.

"I won't," she laughed.

Neteyam smiled at her and Erìhe returned the gesture - though her smile fell soon as she saw a familiar Metkayina walking toward them. She shook her hand out of Neteyam's grip and sat up properly, straightening her back while clearing her throat.

Neteyam also sat up, a disappointed look on his face as he looked around for the reason why Erìhe had switched up so fast.

"Erìhe," Tsireya said as she sprinted to the two of them. She plopped down on the sand beside her grabbed her hands.

"Tsireya?" Erìhe blinked stupidly.

Neteyam rolled his eyes in annoyance and rested his chin in his palm.

"Hi," Tsireya grinned.

"Hey.." Erìhe replied hesitantly, "What happened?"

"Look!" The girl said as she swept her hair past her shoulder. While her open hair was bunched in one hand and out of the way, one measly braid hung by itself.

Erìhe recognized the beads that decorated the braid to be Lo'ak's, and a smile split on her face. "Finally!"

Neteyam turned his eyes on the two girls, wondering what this big reaction was about. It was just a braid - and a badly done one.

"I know right?" Tsireya laughed as she twirled the braid.

"It-" Erìhe trailed off as she leaned forward to inspect the braid. As she got closer she saw just how horrible it looked. She cursed herself for forgetting to teach Lo'ak how to properly braid, "-it looks like crap," she snickered.

Tsireya pushed her back by her forehead lightly, "I can say it."

"Yeah, yeah," Erìhe laughed as she waved her off, "Want me to redo it?"