The Hellish Todoroki Family

"Thief!" Mei and Shoto turned their heads to look for the sound.

"Someone, get a hero!" A man who's briefcase had just been stolen was screaming for help.

The two student heroes rushed to capture the running criminal, but before they could reach him, Endeavour shot down from the sky and tackled the thief to the ground.

"We spotted him first." Todoroki complained.

"He got here first." Mei muttered, annoyed. "Again."

It had been a few days since they started their internships, and yet, keeping up with the number one hero seemed impossible. Being faster than him seemed delusional to even attempt.

"Thank you for the help, Endeavor!" The civilian bowed, taking back his briefcase.

"Still carrying cash nowadays? Be more cautious in the future." The hero asserted.

"I will!"

"Endeavor, there's been a hit-and-run at Area 23." Endeavour's radio device sounded.

"I'm on my way." before anyone around could even blink, the number one hero was back in the sky.

"Let's go." Shoto followed.

"Damn it!" Mei huffed, flying after him.

By the time they reached him again, the perpetrator was already on the hands of the police.

"I'll leave the rest to you." Endeavour said, nodding towards the officer.

Mei was taking deep breaths, exhausted. The past week interning for him had been a whole lot of this; trying to keep up. It made her realize how far she actually was to being a strong hero.

"Let's stop here for today." Endeavour dismissed them. "Return to your rooms and get some rest."

"What about you? Aren't you going home?" Shoto asked, also panting.

"I'll patrol for another while. We'll start early tomorrow. Don't let the fatigue carry on to the next day."

Mei and Shoto watched him walk away.

----------------

"Just be yourself!"

"Really? Momo, I have one dinner to get his siblings to like me." Mei turned her head to Jirou, Sero and Ashido. "How long did it take for you guys to like me?"

"Couple of weeks." Jirou shrugged.

"Six months." Ashido replied.

"Jury's still out." Sero admitted.

"See Momo?" Mei threw her arms up. "'Just be yourself,' what kind of garbage advice is that?!"

Mei was sitting in Momo's room with Sero, Ashido and Jirou. Momo had been tutoring them before an upcoming test, so when Mei came to her room looking for advice, she ended up hearing from all of them.

At the end of their day, Shoto had approached her and asked if she would join his family for dinner that evening. His sister, Fuyumi, has apparently been adamant on the idea, mentioning the close family ties and the fact that Mei was now working under their father.

"Its not garbage advice!" Momo insisted. "I told you this before, but you can be pretty charming when you want to be."

"Why do you care so much what they think anyway?" Sero asked. "You said he wasn't your boyfriend."

"I-I don't... its just that... I don't know." Mei was stuttering, unsure what to say.

"Mei is just going through an enlightenment phase right now, Sero." Momo said, coming to her friend's aid. "She is trying to be a better person, right?"