1-A Moves Into Dorms

When the time came for the students to move into the dorms, Momo and Mei arranged to arrive together. Mei had worried that she was bringing too much along with her to the dorms, but once she saw the massive moving truck arrive with her friend, she felt immediately better about her extra few boxes of clothes and books.

Mei's grandparents took a bit of convincing to allow for the girl to move out. She figured the idea of having their granddaughter out of their sight and therefore, out of their control, was not in their best interest. They were likely wondering what dangers she would put others in by living amongst them.

When All Might and Mr. Aizawa arrived to explain their reasoning behind the decision to move the students into dorms, Mei was biting her nails with preemptive embarrassment over what would surely be a tumultuous encounter.

"So you claim you can offer my granddaughter better protection from these degenerates than we can here, even when your incompetence resulted in her kidnapping?" Mei's grandmother maintained her impossibly straight posture and air of superiority as she set across from the teachers, who had been served a spread of tea and finger foods upon their arrival.

Mei's grandfather placed a hand on his wife's leg, as if attempting to calm her anger.

Mei sat amongst them, nervously tapping her leg, unsure what to say to appease her grandparents without earning a scolding.

"Grandmother, I believe Mr. Aizawa was trying to say that, because of unfortunate events in the past, the school has been working hard to implement better solutions, and this was the best possible one." The girl explained, with a calm tone.

All Might shot the girl a quizzical look, as if surprised by her behaviour.

"This does not concern you, child." Kaede held up her hand, silencing her granddaughter.

"Actually, Mrs. and Mr. Shinomori, respectfully, we do hope to involve the children in this decision." All Might rebutted. "It is their lives we are asking them to trust us with. We only hope we can offer the best hero education they can possibly hope for in return."

Kaede looked ready to tell him to leave, when Daichi spoke up instead:

"I believe that, if we are provided with the full security plan so that my company's specialists can have a look themselves, we can allow Mei to move into these... dorms."

"I can ensure you are given every detail we can provide, within the school's privacy and security regulations, that is." Aizawa nodded curtly.

"It is decided, then." Mei's grandfather stood up, while her grandmother scowled and crossed her arms.

Mei's sigh of relief might have been less subtle than she intended, but she earned a small smile from All Might in response.

—————

"Did you bring your entire house?" Mei asked, helping Momo with her boxes.

"Yeah, I think I may have overestimated the space we would have..." Yaoyorozu admitted.

"What, did you think we were getting individual apartments?" Mei raised her eyebrow and smirked, earning an embarrassed chuckle in response.

The girls had arrived a few hours ago, and when Mei finished setting up her room, she went to check on her friend and found that she had barely made a dent.

Their rooms were only a few doors away, which made them both very excited.

"This will be like a giant sleepover!" Momo squealed, excitedly.

Mei couldn't help but smile back. She was happy to be living so close to Momo, but she wouldn't lie and say that living with all her classmates didn't make her nervous. The closer the proximity, the harder it would be to hide her secret.