The U.A. Sports Festival (Part 2)

"Thanks for waiting, everybody! The first match of the semi finals is about to start!" announced Present Mic, to the cheering sounds of the audience.

"This is a big match! The man who won huge victories in the first rounds and literally left the audience frozen... From the hero course, Shoto Todoroki!"

Todoroki walked in slowly, keeping his eyes fixed on the field while zoning out the audience.

"On the other hand, this student scored an instant victory in all her battles! What kind of fight will she show us this time? From the hero course, it's Mei Shinomori!"

Mei walked in, striding with confidence. She looked to the audience and saw Endeavour, standing among the spectators, and it made her blood boil.

"READY...?" screamed Mic. "START!"

Todoroki instantly initiated the match by forming a massive wall of ice, which Mei avoided by flying over it.

He then redirected his attacks upwards, in order to accommodate for her flying abilities.

However, she was too quick, so Todoroki knew he would have to reach her in some other way.

He created a bridge of ice and ran up into the air in order to level out their fighting grounds.

Once he reached her altitude, Shoto was able to trap Mei's foot by freezing it, but she quickly used an energy blast to free herself.

She then flew towards him head-on, increasing her speed as much as she could.

Todoroki attempted to block her by erecting another wall of ice, but she blasted through it and emerged on the other side, ready to attack.

It was then that for a split second, Mei's vision became blurry.

'Oh no.' she thought. 'I'm using too much energy.'

Her Quirk, obviously, had it's limit. Mei used psi-energy to fly, create shields and send out blasts. But when she over used it, her body began to break down from the inside.

It started with physical exhaustion, but the next step would be internal bleeding.

The two combatants had reached a point where their battle was solely testing their endurance.

Mei continued to send energy blasts, which Shoto blocked with his ice. And it was beginning to take a toll on him as well.

'He's trembling.' thought Mei 'the ice is spreading on his limbs.'

Mei came down to the ground to catch her breath.

As she stood in place taking deep breaths, Todoroki noticed her exhaustion.

"I can see you're running out of energy." he smirked. "Let's finish this."

He then sent another ice attack her way, but once again, she flew out of the way.

But flying was becoming harder, and she knew if she did it too much she would have no energy to attack.

Another ice wall came her way, and when Mei looked over at her opponent, she noticed he wasn't even looking at her. He was completely zoned out.

"Where are you looking?!" she shouted, angrily.

Using her anger as fuel, she gathered massive amounts of energy in her hands and sent a beam that broke through the ice and sent Shoto flying towards the edge of the field.

But seconds before he crossed the line, he created an ice-wall to block his path, keeping him from going over the edge.

Todoroki was shocked about how much of a close call that was. When he looked over at Mei, he noticed her wipe away a drop of blood running down her nose.