U.A. High School

It was the morning of Mei's first day at U.A. High.

She came down from her room for breakfast, wearing her new uniform.

When she reached the dinning room, she saw her grandparents sitting on their usual spots on the table.

"Good morning." she said, bowing her head slightly.

Her grandmother shot her a side-eyed look and remained silent, and her grandfather didn't look up from his newspaper.

Mei sat down to eat her food in silence, hoping to finish quickly before the tension in the room suffocated her.

"Do not be late." said Kaede. "You need to make a good first impression on your teachers and classmates."

Mei nodded and got up from her chair.

She then quickly put her backpack over her shoulder and bowed, before turning to leave.

Before she could step out of the dinning room, her grandfather cleared his throat.

"Mei, remember you represent the Shinomori name." he said, without lowering his newspaper to look at her. "Act like it."

-————-

Mei stood at the gates in front of the Yaoyorozu's, waiting for her friend to come out.

"Morning Mei." said the dark-haired girl, who was looking ready for her first day - academic environments had always been Momo's forte.

"Ugh." grunted Mei, as she began walking.

"Your grandparents still mad?"

"The party was yesterday, Mo. I think they'll be mad until graduation."

"Don't be dramatic. Just do well at U.A. and I'm sure they'll forget about it sooner than you expect."

-————

When they reached the 1-A classroom, they saw that most of the other students had already arrived.

Including Shoto Todoroki.

Upon seeing the boy, Mei's face instantly turned grim.

"This is gonna suck." she grunted under her breath.

"C'mon Mei, it'll be great." said Momo, nudging her forward.

There was only one area with two seats beside each other, so Momo went to place her belongings there. She then turned and signalled for Mei to sit on the desk beside her.

On her way over, Mei noticed the desk her friend was pointing at was in also beside Todoroki's desk.

"Nope."  she said, completely ignoring her friend and walking to the other side of the classroom.

"Mei!" Momo complained, dragging Mei by the collar back to the desk beside hers.

"I don't wanna sit here." said Mei, between gritted teeth, while shooting Todoroki a side-eyed look.

"Well, I want you to sit beside me, so you'll just have to get over it." said Momo.

Mei stood still angrily for a few moments, but eventually she just sat down and crossed her arms.

The boy in front of her then turned around in his chair to face her.

"Name's Eijiro Kirishima. Pleased to meet you." he smiled widely with pointy teeth.

"I wouldn't rush to judgment on that." said Mei, turning her face.

The boy stared at Mei blankly, clearly unsure how to respond. To his luck, Momo chimed in.