Internships

The weekend flew by and Monday finally came around, which meant it was time for the hero course students to go on their internships.

In the morning, the 1-A students made their way to the train station with their teacher.

"You all have your costumes, right?" asked Aizawa. "Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything. Also make sure to mind your manner with the heroes at your internships!"

He then gave Mei a glance, almost as his last words had been directed to her.

"Off with you, now." he continued.

"Yes, sir!" said the students, as each of them began walking to the respective trains for their destinations.

"Good luck, Mei." said Momo, as she waved goodbye. "Have fun!"

"You too, Mo."

-———————

When Mei arrived at her chosen hero agency, she was escorted by a sidekick to the main office.

As she walked in, a short man with ash-blond hair and massive red wings turned on his chair and put his feet up on his desk.

"Hey, kid. I am Hawks. The man who's a bit too fast." said the man. "Welcome to my agency."

"Its an honour to meet you, sir." Mei bowed.

"We don't do those formalities here, kid. I'm just Hawks." he said. "So, cool Quirk you've got there. It isn't often I find people that can fly like me. You like speed?"

"Yeah." Mei smirked.

"Then you'll like this job. Mostly I just try to enjoy myself. Seriously. Do some leisurely patrolling, put in a few appearances, say "Aw shucks, no trouble today," and get a good night's sleep! That's my ideal life! I wanna make this world one where heroes have time to kill. You get it?"

Mei smiled from cheek to cheek. She had definitely picked the right place to intern in.

"Sounds perfect." she said.

"I got a vibe from you, when I watched the sports festival. I feel like we're very similar, you and I. People like us can be underestimated because we're not so uptight, but let me tell you, being uptight has nothing to do with powerful you can be."

Mei knew Hawks was incredibly powerful, and the heroes she had met at his level of power were, well, All Might and Endeavour. She was truly inspired to meet someone with so much power that was so easy-going.

'This is gonna be awesome.' she thought.

-———————

It had been a couple of days since Mei started interning with the pro hero Hawks, and she was having the time of her life.

Hawks was carefree, childish and funny. But he also took his job seriously, and Mei came to learn he had a really good heart. He was the older brother she has always dreamed of.

It was late in the afternoon, and Hawks and Mei were out patrolling, when they stopped to buy some fried chicken to eat on a roof while they stood watch of the city from above.

Suddenly, they witnessed a massive explosion in the city centre.

"What the hell?" said Mei, almost dropping her fried chicken.

"Let's go, kid." said Hawks, as he prepared to take off.

Suddenly, Mei felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

When she took it out, she saw that Izuku Midoriya had shared his location with her.

'Midoriya? Why the hell would I want to know where you are?' she thought. But then she saw that he had shared it with the entire class. 'He's in an alley?'