Group Project

After a long day of classes, Class 1-A had Modern Literature with Cementoss for their last period.

It had just been announced that the UA students would be moved into dorms that were currently under construction, for the optimization of their training and for their protection, following Mei's capture and the loss of the number one hero.

Mei was half-asleep through most of the class, but just as the bell was about to ring, the teacher made a final announcement.

"Now, before you leave, I will be assigning your partner project worth 10% of your mark. It is due on Friday, since it's the last day before you move into the new dorms."

"10%?!" Momo gasped. 

"Partner?!" Mei groaned.

"I will be sorting you into pairs, and you will be assigned a piece of literature to analyze together." continued Cementoss. "Team work is part of your mark, so put in the effort!"

Mei banged her head against the desk in desperation, hoping one of the hits would be hard enough to send her into a coma.

"Now, for the pairs: Iida and Ashido, Asui and Ojiro, Midoriya and Mineta, Kyoka and Sato, Yaoyorozu and Sero, Shinomori and Todoroki..."

Every word Cementoss said after those completely flew over Mei's head, because she was preoccupied hating existence.

"God, whatever I did to deserve this, can't death be my punishment instead?" she whispered, with her head down on the table.

"That is all for today. Dismissed!" announced the teacher.

-——————————

Once the last bell of the day rang, Mei dreaded what would come next. She knew she would have to meet Todoroki after school to work on their project. Except it was getting harder to be around him, and even harder to avoid him.

She took a deep breath and walked towards him.

"Todoroki." she said, and the boy turned to face her. "We need to plan out when to meet to work on the project."

"We need to start today if we hope to finish it by Friday." he replied.

"Okay... what do you want to do, then?"

"My house is usually pretty quiet, if you want to work there."

Mei had to fight her urge to make a face - the idea of going to the Todoroki residence made her feel so anxious she could be sick.

But then she thought of Todoroki in her own house, which didn't make her feel any better, considering what happened the last time he was there.

"Works for me." she said, lifting then dropping her shoulder.

"Let's go." said Shoto, as he grabbed his backpack and headed to the door.

'Please, let this not get out of hand.' Mei thought, as she followed behind.

-——————-

The entire walk to Todoroki's house made its way into Mei's list of worst 20 minutes of her life.

The two did not exchange a single word the whole time, and Mei considered throwing herself into incoming traffic more times than she could count.

After he visited her at the hospital, she was worried that things wouldn't be as distant between them. Aside from the soul-crushing awkwardness, she was glad that things were still the same. She just had to make sure to keep it that way.

When they finally arrived, Mei noticed the house was very traditional. While they made their way inside, she saw the tatami everywhere, as well as a collection of native plants and classic paintings.