Mei's Start

The week went by and the busy schedule of classes and training was running Mei to the ground. She was constantly exhausted.

"Are you familiar with the recent study of Tanzanian chimpanzees by Nashita and Osaka out of Kyoto University?" Iida asked, bringing the fork to his mouth.

"No, but I can name all the Kardashians." Mina smiled cluelessly.

Mei was sitting for breakfast with some of her classmates, and she was barely able to keep herself awake.

They had more training to do that morning, and she was thinking about how it had been forever since she talked to Shoto Todoroki. After their last license make-up class, they had both been too busy. She hadn't gotten a new phone yet, and perhaps for the first time, she wished she had so she could have heard from him more.

When they got up to put their trays away, Mei noticed Kaminari standing by himself, looking down and frowning at his food. She thought that either he hated omelettes a lot, or something was bothering him.

"Ready to go?" Momo's voice snapped her out of her staring.

"Oh, yeah, let's go." Mei agreed, turning away.

---------------

The girl's headed up to the dorms to change for training.

"I think something was up with Kaminari." Mei commented.

"Oh really?" Momo crooked her head, curiously. "Did you ask him?"

"No."

The two walked in silence for a few more minutes, until Mei spoke again:

"Should I have asked?"

Momo smiled "You could have! A nice person would."

"Sure, whatever." Mei shrugged.

They were silent again for a few seconds.

"I mean, it's none of my business." Mei muttered.

Momo wanted to laugh, but she tried to hold it in. "Yup, you're right Mei."

When they almost made it to their rooms, Mei snapped. "Goddamit! What is this!?" she pulled at her hair dramatically. "Why do I keep thinking about it?"

"That's the weight of guilt. I know this is new to you, but now you have to get used to it." Momo explained. "Give in to the nice side. Help those unfortunate, and make the guilt go away, my friend."

"I never dealt with this kinda crap before!" Mei hit herself on the head, as if she was trying to crush the thoughts out. "Make it stop!"

"Now your subconscious is allowing to care about people. Surrender to your kindness, Mei. It's nice to be nice."

Mei growled, annoyed. "Your guilt is strong, my friend. But it is no match for the power of my selfishness."

Momo just shook her head and looped her arm with Mei's. "Come."

"Where?"

"To Kaminari's room. We can figure out what's up with him."

"No, no." Mei stopped in her tracks. "I don't feel that bad."

"If you're going to overcome your past and become a better person, no better time to start than now." Momo dragged her friend down the hallway to the boys' rooms.

----------------

When the girls approached they heard music blasting from Kaminari's room.

"Dramatic music? That can't be good." Mei muttered.