Chapter Four

What if...Max starts to open up more to Lucas about her true feelings towards him? (Fluff and Smut) (picks up a few weeks after chapter two)

Smut warning ⚠️! If you don't want it skip this chapter.

********************

Max gets done making the sandwich, going to put in a baggie and some potato chips in a baggie as well an apple, putting it all into a brown bag and going over to her mother who puts on her jacket. "Here you go."

"Thank you baby." Susan says, going to take the bag as well as her purse.

"How many night shifts is it going to be? I thought they were giving you breaks from the night shifts." Max says.

"Yeah but I volunteered, have to bring in more money for food and bills." Susan replies.

"I can help." Max volunteers. "I can find a job-"

"Max no, I am not making you do that. You are fifteen years old in High School you have no reason to work a job now." Susan says.

"Yes I do to help you out." Max replies.

Susan smiles softly at Max. "You know how you help me? By making sure the trailer is clean when I come in and have food prepared, which you already do."

"But why doesn't that feel like enough?" Max questions.

"Because you overthink, the same way your father use too." Susan says while putting her purse over her shoulders. "We'll be fine Max, I'll be fine." She says before she goes to hug Max, Max going to hug her back. "I love you."

"I love you too mom." Max responds before they go to pull away.

"I'll be back around tomorrow afternoon." Susan says while she goes over to the door. "And no leaving home Max, you are still grounded."

Max nods her head. "I won't leave the house."

Susan smiles at her, going to leave out of the door and get into her car, going to drive off after a minute. Max goes over to the couch, going to turn the TV on and laying her head on top of the couch to begin to watch TV, her slowly yawning while watching it, tucking in her legs under her, her just dressed in a oversized blue sweater.

She looks to the phone when she hears it ring, her going over to it and going to answer it. "Yeah?" Max answers.

"Oh great you don't sound asleep at all." Lucas answers.

Max smiles lightly while leaning her shoulder on the wall. "It's only eleven."

"Well apparently it's late for everyone else because everyone is out like a light over here." Lucas says back from the kitchen, talking on the phone from there. "I was wondering if I could come over."

"Aren't you afraid you are going to get caught?" Max questions.

Lucas chuckles a little. "No mom and dad sleep really heavy and even if Erica noticed she wouldn't care. She even sneaks out sometimes too."

Max shrugs her shoulders while playing with the string on the phone. "If you say so."

Lucas smiles. "So is that a yes?"

"Yeah, I guess you can come over." Max responds. "My mom just left for work so it works out."

"Okay. I was going to go by the store to pick up some snacks for us. Any special requests?"

Max smiles, rubbing her cheeks a little. "Candy."

"Your gummy worms?"

"Those are the ones." Max confirms.