Chapter Sixty

What if....Max 'died' seven months ago with a stab wound but she ends up coming back? (Angst) (continues one month from chapter fifty nine)

~

"What do we have so far?" Lucas questions, him standing behind Suzie while she types away on her computer.

"There has been some missing persons, a fifteen year old a twenty year old and a nineteen year old. I am just trying to go into police files to get the pictures." Suzie mentions.

"If they are missing persons then why haven't the pictures of them been released?" Lucas questions.

"Because the police force waits at least two days before they officially call them a missing person, and I imagine you don't want to wait two days to find a face considering we have been waiting a month until another lead comes." Suzie mentions.

"Yeah, find them. Please." He adds in simply.

"Yep." Suzie pops the P, her typing away on the computer.

Lucas goes to stand over to the other table to go look at different files as well. The past month has consisted of them doing constant research about the trafficking business. Max doing her best to try and get closer to the women through postcards and encrypted messages but that not doing much for them. They have gotten a few leads but all of them ended up turning up to be no good, nobody wanting to talk about anything.

So really they have just been waiting until another victim was taken by them because that is the only thing they were able to do since other leads turned cold.

Lucas looks towards the door when Eleven makes her way inside. Lucas turns back to the files, him lightly gripping the edges of the files as well. He has admit he has seen his own moods go from zero to hundred then from one hundred back to zero. His moods with everyone has been all over the place.

Eleven glances over at Lucas for a moment before she turns back to face Suzie. "Found anything?"

"No I am trying to get into this system but it is kind of hard." Suzie says. "Don't worry I'll figure it out."

"Here this may help." Eleven says, going to hand Suzie the chip.

"What is that?" Lucas questions.

Eleven looks at Lucas. "A software chip I took from the police station, it should help."

"That actually will help a ton, thanks El." Suzie says.

"Wait." Lucas holds his hand out, Suzie stopping while looking at him. "Can that be tracked back to us?"

"No I made sure of it, I've thought about that too." Eleven says in response.

"Is Hopper going to notice?" Lucas questions further. "Because I don't need everything to fall apart due to you not thinking."

"I'm...pretty sure she is." Suzie states.

"Lucas I promise I have and it can't be tracked back to us." Eleven tells him.

Lucas looks at her for a moment, him going to nod his head a little bit. "Fine, if it works so good then find something for me that way we can end this and me and Max can leave from this place, I'm tired of being here."

Suzie and Eleven look as he leaves out of the room, the door closing behind him. "His attitude is seriously becoming maddening." Suzie mentions.

Eleven sighs a little bit. "He's hurting. It's understandable he does need away from here. If you are able to find anything, I'm not trying to rush you or anything."

"I know you aren't." Suzie says. "Don't worry I will find something I just honestly need some time to."

"That's fine." Eleven nods her head. "I'll just be over here taking a look at some files."