Chapter Twenty Two

What if.....Max has a nightmare in the middle of the night while still blind? (Angst and Smut) (Picks up after chapter twenty one)

**********************************

Thoughts

Something so hard to just throw away when somebody wants to, Lucas just wishes it can be like paper, to where he just balls it up and throws it away whenever he is done and never gives it a second thought. He wishes that it can be that simple, he wishes that he can just erase it out of his mind completely.

But no...it's in permanent ink.

Everything.

Lucas stops the car and takes the keys out of the car, him still just looking ahead of him with teary eyes, his gaze just saddened but blank at the same time, not even knowing what to feel anymore. He scolds himself because today is suppose to be a happy day, Max just got her sight back a few moments ago, he should be rejoicing, he should be smiling.

But he isn't.

And it is not the fact that Max can see now he is absolutely ecstatic about that, he just knows it was emotions he was holding in for so long coming out. The more Lucas thinks about it the more he purses his shaking lips, them lightly quivering a little bit.

"Hey." Max says softly to him, going to take his shaky hand, him looking over at her. "We can just go upstairs and talk okay?"

Lucas nods his head, him going to wipe the tears from his eyes. "Okay." His voice shakes.

"Come on." Max says, both of them going to leave out of the car. Lucas puts the key through the door, him going to open it and both of them making their way inside.

"SURPRISE!"

Max and Lucas both jump when the party horn sound, all of them smiling wide at Max while they move their pon pons around with food around the table, their faces suddenly dropping when they see their expressions, really Lucas expression. "Shit." Max lightly curses to herself.

"Lucas?" Sue questions.

"Are you alright?" Erica says.

"Dude?" Dustin questions, going over to him. "What's going on?"

Lucas looks between them. "I—"

No one deviates from the plan.

Okay but the minute you start to float, I'm bringing in Kate Bush.

Deal.

Maxxxxxxx!

No Max stay with me!

Please stay with me!

No no no no no no!

Erica help!

Please Max stay with me!

Please don't leave me!

"I....I..." Lucas tries, tears welling up in his eyes once again while he shakes his head, him quickly running up the stairs.

"Lucas!"

"Wait!"

"Wait guys!" Max stops with her hands out when they try to follow them upstairs, all of them stopping and looking at Max, them hearing the door shut. "I know you guys are concerned okay it's just...he's to overwhelmed right now."

"What happened?" Charles questions concerned.

Max looks down a little. "I didn't....realize how much he was truly hurting." Max admits. "All of this time of him taking care of me and making sure I was okay I was being a complete bitch to him, I realize that now."