One:

***a few months into the zombie apocalypse***

"Come on Remus." Roman poked at the fire. "I need you to just try and sleep." Remus sighed and sat up looking at his brother.

"I haven't slept in ages Roman." Remus wiped his face and leaned back looking at the stars. "What makes you think I'll start now?"

"Stop doing that." Roman mumbled. "You make it seem like it's my fault you never sleep."

"Hello asshole, it kind of is." Remus grabbed his weapon off the stump next to him and climbed up into the tree to keep look out.

"How!?" Roman screamed up at him. Remus played with the spikes on his mace and looked down at his twin.

"You suck at keeping us safe you know that right?" Remus looked away from his brother. He heard the sniffling and regretted saying that almost immediately.

"I just don't want you to end up like everyone else." Roman poked at the fire a little. Remus looked down at him. "I know I'm annoying. But if I could do anything to keep you from ending up as an undead zombie, then I'm going to damn well try."

"Fuck." Remus jumped down from the tree. "I'll sleep Jesus Christ." Remus put his weapon down. "You sound like a fucking cry baby."

"Well, if me acting like a cry baby gets you to sleep then I need to do it more often." There was a rustling in the trees and Roman immediately grabbed his crossbow and Remus grabbed his mace.

"What the fuck..." Remus ran over and stood by his brother.

"It's okay, we haven't had any-any sightings of walkers since we started coming up here! There's no way that's a-a walker..." something broke through the trees and Roman stared in awe. In front of them was a beautiful deer.

"Woah..." Remus started walking closer to it and Roman pulled him back.

"Dude!" Remus just shrugged.

"It doesn't look infected...or harmful." Remus took a step closer.

"Yeah but it was running from something Remus." Roman walked closer to the deer with the crossbow pointed behind it. The deer heard something and ran, Roman knocked his brother to the ground as an arrow flew right past their sides, almost hitting Remus in the chest. The two stared shocked into the dark trees. Suddenly they both scrambled backwards.

"Walkers don't know how to use weapons...WHOS THERE!?" Remus screamed into the trees. Roman pulled his brother backwards still aiming the crossbow. Suddenly a man walked through the trees. He slung his crossbow over his shoulder and held his hands in the air.

"I'm sorry, I did not realize there was even a camp this close to the city. You two alright?" The man fixed his glasses and Roman looked at Remus his eyes widening.

"What? Do I have...." Remus suddenly wobbled. "Ugh what the hell..." he collapsed into his brothers arms.

"REMUS!?" Roman looked him over for wounds, only to see that the arrow did in fact slash his brothers side before they fell to the ground. Tears filled Roman's eyes. "No...No! Come on no!"

"A-at least if I die, I can come back as a zombie and attack you an-and see how protective y-you are." Tears flowed down Roman's face.

"No! Please Remus I can't lose you!" Roman held pressure to the wound. "I didn't even know it cut you! W-we were so focused on that man..."

"R-Ro..." Remus held his brothers hand as he continued to hold pressure to his wound.

"You are holding pressure to the wound wrong. Let me help." The man walked over and helped Roman hold pressure. "In my bag I dropped over there, grab the needle and thread. I will help take care of him. You can trust me, my ID is in there I'm a doctor." Roman rushed over not caring. He grabbed the items and handed them to the man. Remus looked at the man annoyed.