Four: First Swim

Tuk and Kesari went to the reef and saw Tsireya in the water

Tuk and Kesari went to the reef and saw Tsireya in the water. Neteyam, Ao'nung, and Lo'ak were sitting on a rock not far from we're Tsireya was. Kesari walked into the neutral temperature water and then swam to Tsireya.

"Hi Tsireya. My arm is healing really well so I should be able to start swimming today." Kesari said to Tsireya. Tuk swam up right next to Kesari. Neteyam waved to his little sister as did Lo'ak. She waved back.

"What are you guys doing here?" Tuk asked her brothers and Ao'nung. They were on a rock that was a foot above the water. It had water all sides around it.

"We came to watch. I want to see if all forest people suck at swimming." Ao'nung responded. Neteyam looked at Ao'nung and gently pushed him.

"We did not suck that bad. And this isn't really fair, Tsireya already taught her the breathe stuff." Neteyam grumbled. Tsireya glared at him for a second then looked at Kesari with a smile.

"Ok, lets start with the lesson. How about just follow me under the water." Tsireya suggested then went under the water.

Kesari breathed in as much as she could after doing what Tsireya had taught her yesterday, it was kind of rushed. She went under the water. It was beautiful. There were glowing fish, coral, rocks, and so many other things.

She looked at Tsireya who ushered her to come over. Kesari swam over to her. Tuk had finally come under the water and started swimming with them. Tsireya did something with her fingers but Kesari didn't understand.

She felt her lungs starting to hurt. She was running out of air. Just then she heard a voice from above the water where the boys were. "Splash!" The water made this noise as a bunch of bubbles came in the water. It was Neteyam.

She laughed which made her lose the last of her air. Kesari immediately stopped laughing and started swimming to the surface. She went through the water and felt the air around her face well she filled up her lungs with air.

Ao'nung looked at Kesari and chuckled, "I knew it. I guess  you're not as bad as them, but you still suck. I saw the way you swim. It could definitely be better."

Tsireya and Tuk were now at the surface, right behind Kesari. Neteyam came up and pulled on Ao'nung's leg, making him fall off the rock and into the water head first. Everyone laughed.

Kesari saw Neteyam looking at her from her side vision. She smiled then looked at him. Lo'ak held a hand out in front of his brother who then grabbed it and pulled Neteyam onto the rock.

He helped Tsireya up onto the rock too. Neteyam held out a hand for Kesari. She was about to put her hand in his but she saw a little hand go in his instead. Tuk pulled herself up using Neteyam' hand then sat down on the rock.

Kesari slightly chuckled. Neteyam put his hand out again for Kesari and this time she took it. Ao'nung had climbed onto the rock by himself. Now, they were all on the rock.