Chapter 2

*Artesia's pov*

Mams probably told you to behave almost fifty times before ya'll got up the hill. Remember your weak disposition? Yes. You've been heaving like crazy when Mariano finally took pity on you and let you ride his back.

"Thank Riano, such a strong man," you pretend to swoon, giggling as he rolled his eyes.

"No wonder papi kick you out, you haven't matured since the last time I saw you, and did you grow even weaker?! Have you been a couch potato all this time?" He threw an accusing look.

"Hey! I'll have you know... I'm carrying paps machine and tinkering... I'm not just used to.... uhm sustaining the endurance part." You countered pouting while Mariano carried you to the peakest part of the hill.

"Yeah right, you probably just on your laptop screen counting numbers-"

"Crushing market numbers," you corrected him. "Remember? Your sister here is already a multi-shareholder and might become a CEO if the company just give in already," you huffed.

"You and your money obsession... you need some love to balance that, some romance." He sighed daydreaming while you shot him an incredulous look.

"Thats-" you countered before he cut me off.

"Wonderful isn't it? Oh speaking of which," he brought you down his shoulder. "Mi amor," he greeted the petite girl wearing pink? Purple?... lilac dress.

"Thats his girlfriend? How! I mean... wow." You looked at mams still retaining that 'incredulous' stare. Which earned you a playful pinch.

"Ay!" You giggled, well its not like he's not.... good looking so. Maybe she fallen for that... I hope... because as far as I'm concerned, Mariano is a big baby that needs constant attention and assurance.

"Be kind to your Hermano," Mams rolled her eyes, Did she read my mind?

"No hija, just your face gave it away," she said before greeting the girl with you tailing them.

Curse this expressive face!

"Mi amor this is my hermana, Artesia,... Artesia, Isabela Madrigal... my one and only love," Mariano introduce you first before grinning when it's Isabela's turn.

Creepy.

You felt your face twitch from staring at your brother's animated smile. Sighing internally, you faced your sister-in-law to be.

"Pleasant to meet you Isabela, I'm sorry you have to bear with my brother." You gave her an apologetic look while offering your hand. Which took her a back for a second before retaining her gorgeous smile.

"Pleasure is all mine..señorita Artesia" Isabela greeted you shaking your hand, as electrifying sparks were felt between the two of you.

You both let go at the same time, simultaneously gazing at eachother, as if confirming what happened.

"Just Artesia would be fine," you said covering whatever just happened, Mariano looked at the both of you confused before deciding to check in with Isabela.

"Mi amor are you ok?" He assisted her as she nodded.

"Just... little tired," she said before stealing a glance on you. "Pleasure to meet you again Artesia,"

You gave her a smile as you gripped your hand still feeling the tingles in your fingertips.

"Artesia?" Your mams touched you. "Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, traveling to long places is... really not my thing," you smiled as you both followed the couple.

Madrigals introduce themselves to you one by one. Which started a tug of war between the cousins and siblings on who would ask you first about the outside world first.