Chapter 18

*Artesia's pov*

The night passed with Señora Alma discussing and smoothing it out with Mams. They agreed to meet again later in the afternoon as Mariano and I peeked through the stairs.

I felt his hand patted me after a while and gesturing at the empty room. He stood up as I followed.

Mariano let the door click before sighing.
"Tesia," He started.

"Riano," You responded sitting on the vacant chair.

"I," You both simultaneously said.

"You first," again you both chorus.

You sighed gesturing him to go on.

"I know." He slumped down. "I know that Mi Amor...no Isabela didn't love me or wanted me from the start." He looked at you with tiredness in his eyes as you looked back shocked.

"Yet, I persevered. Hoping that someday she would grow to love me." Mariano sadly chuckled. "But I knew that it wouldn't happen... because she already fell for you the moment she laid her eyes on you. It was brief but I saw it sparkle whenever you look at her,"

"Riano..." You move to hug him as he sobbed on your shoulder."I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-,"

"No, Tesia. I admit it," He looked at you smiling sadly. "Isabela wasn't the one for me because she is fated to have you."

"I.." you stared at your broken brother. The scene hurts you as he is precious to you too. But you can't keep yourself away from Isabela, and that if they did get married both of them will still be in the cycle of being perfect and unrequited love.

"Stop, I know that you did this for us and for you too," Mariano looked at you. "You're not the type person who would do reckless things without mulling it over."

"You know me so well, It's scary." You sniffed patting him.

"We're twins. It's given." He snuggled close to you.

"And twins felt for eachother,"you said wryly...holding him all night.
.
.
.
.
The night soon passed as both you and your brother reconciled and now he's turning a blind eye on you escaping to see his former lover.

"Go, but if you make her cry I swear I'll whoop your ass," He chuckled half-serious.

"That will never happen," you changed into your standard clothing which is just a black shirt and some black overalls you used as pants, not bothering to hook the two pins and just wrapped it around your waist.

"Casita, will you help me reach Isabela?" You whispered as the tiles vibrate and made a ladder to her room.

Slipping in silently you heard Mirabel and Isabela's voice arguing.

"YOU SELFISH ENTITLED PRINCESS!" Mirabel said as Isabela interrupted.

"SELFISH?! I'VE BEEN STUCK BEING PERFECT MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE AND LITERALLY ALL YOU DO IS MESS THINGS UP?!" You flinched, its the first time you heard Isabela's angry voice and boy you don't want that to be directed at you... though it would be kind of hot-

"Nothing is messed up you can marry that big dumb hunk," Mirabel said as you bite your lip not to giggle.

'I'm sorry Mariano...' you thought, sneaking in.

"I DON'T WANNA MARRY HIM I WAS DOING IT FOR THE FAMILY!" She screamed as you lost footing and tumbled over where they are.

"Ow...Hi Isa~" You greeted as you come face to face with her. "Oh!" looking down you saw a cactus formed on your hand.