Chapter 12

*Isabela's pov*

I glanced at Artesia as we both descend the stairs. Her hair was still in waves, minus the fact that some of it were tousled. Her lips were swollen pink probably because I kind of nibbled on it many times before we decided to finally exit my room.

I'm still in the state of shock when she told me that she felt the same, even though my emotional outburst injured her. She still looked at me with care and didn't get frightened nor back out.

She just stayed the same, my sweet caring bestfriend... who likes me. I felt flowers popping on my head when I notice her gaze.

Her purple eyes turned a bit lighter as she smiled at me endearingly. "You're going to make me melt Mi vida with that stare of yours," her soft raspy voice teased me as I softly nudge her.

"Its your fault you look stunningly gorgeous," I smiled complimenting her as she laughed in a soft hum.

"Are you describing yourself? Because you are," her eyes caught mine, telling me that she meant it, making me red as a freaking tomato resting on the kitchen counter near Mami.

Who turned and stared between us in horror. "Isabela what happened? And Artesia your arm! Ay! Your mother and brother are looking for you all night." Mami informed as I bit my bruised lip.

"I.." I started but trailed off as I felt my mind go blank.

"Isabela found me and saved me last night, she checked on me and told me that I could stay in her room for a while. But I ended up falling asleep.." Artesia paused leaving some things out, handing the arepas Mami prepared to me before biting to one.

"And when I woke up I kind of panicked, ended up falling off her bed and get struck by thorns." She explained, mixing some white lie to some truths."Don't worry Señora Julieta I'll find mams and Mariano as soon as I finished your delicious arepas,"

I blinked at her as she smiled, giving me a wink discretely. While I gasped silently, my memories had been patched up by the kiss and that icky bruise.

And I still want to crush that man's balls-.

"But what about you hija?" Mami snapped me out of my thoughts. "Why do you have puffy eyes and looking so drained?"

"Nothing Mami, just tired." I told her with a wry smile.

"Ok, but you need to lose your habit of biting your lips, or else it will scar over or worse you'll bite it all off," she patted me as I reluctantly nodded.

Artesia just hummed observing Mami cook for a while before she stood up and started to help her. They conversed a bit, moving around the kitchen.

"You should go back with your family... they are so worried about you," Mami told her as she nodded.

"I will... but they will be mad if I didn't return the hospitality your family gave me and you also healed my wounds Señora.....So I owe you and Isabela at least a helping hand," she smiled sweetly as Mami sighed giving in.

"All right, cassanova ," Mami laughed, "I bet you'll have less problem in getting the person you like, using just your words." She teased Artesia who smiled.

"I don't know about that Señora, my crush is a hard-to-get type and they're always busy, being the center of it all," Artesia's eyelashes fluttered giving my mother her charming smile before stealing a glance in my direction.

"Oh...well then here's an advice from an older woman like me, the fastest way to a person's heart is through their stomach. Nothing beats a good hearty meal," Mami tapped my stomach making me blush.