Chapter 7

*Artesia's pov*

Isabela already became a frequent guest in our house these past few weeks. Though she only greets my mams, sometimes growing flowers in our backyard garden or delivering Señora Julieta food, she then kissed my brother's cheek before wisking me away.

"Tesia, I appreciate you getting along with Mi amor but could you not hog her all the time? I feel like she's only coming here to fetch you. And I'm her boyfriend," He joked before giving me a... crochet supplies?

"I'm not hogging, and Isabela is the one who's inviting me soooo." You trailed, before receiving the familiar knock.

"Hi, Artesia... Mariano," she beamed at you before giving a polite smile to Mariano.

"Are you ready to go?" She smiled as you looked between them.

"Um," you dragged on as Mariano waved you both.

"Go ahead, Camillo told me that we'll be playing soccer all day, and I'd like to help out Dolores with her shopping." He smiled. "Be careful Tesia...Mi Amor,"

You gave him a glance before following Isabela who also gave him a curious look.

"I think you should spend time with Mariano," you told Isabela as she freezes setting down her picnic basket.

"I know you don't like him that way but...you should treat him as friend, cuz technically uhm..." you paused.

"You're still lovers?" You let the word hang.

Isabela took a sharp breath through her teeth." I know Mi amor but... I can't help it. I find... your company more enjoyable and you made me feel free," she gave you a lonesome look.

You gave her a soft smile, "But Isa...you know what I mean."

"I know," Isabela sighed leaning on your shoulder. Both of you had already placed yourselves at your spot by the lake.

"Don't worry you got this," you whispered, tucking the strand that had fallen on her eyes.

"I hope so," she stared at you, holding you close. "Will you be there...if I do... confess to Abuela and to your mother?" She bit her lip.

"Yes," you said without hesitation. "And I'll help you in any way I can...because Isa, you are precious to me," you leaned back to her.

"Thank you... you're special to me too," Isabela gripped your sleeves, tensing up as she started to overthink.

"You know, Mariano did gave me a present.... which was these crochet things," You nudged her as you presented the yarns."Do you know how to crochet?"

Isabela looked up to you, giving you a small smile at your attempt to cheer her up.

"No," she sighed hugging you. "Will you teach me?" She asked using her baby voice.

"Isa..." you blushed at her cuteness.

"Pwetty pwese?" Isabela continued batting her eyelashes teasingly.

Sometimes, you stop to think if you spoiled Isabela, a bit too much.....though you don't mind doing it in the long run. There is something about her, that you can't help but to give her what she wants... and when she wants it.

"You... seriously." You chuckled pinching her cheeks lightly. "Ok fine, I'll be doing it anyway,"

"Mmm I know you will," she grinned as she took the pink yarn. "So how to start?"

You first taught her how to chain the foundation chain then the loops.

"Mmm the loop don't stick... It keeps on slipping." Isabela commented as she tried to do the double crochet.