Chapter 17

*Isabela's Pov*

I giddly arrived home... The shock blushing face of Artesia is so cute. I hummed.

"He told me that the life of my dreams
Would be promised, and someday be mine," I sang imagining Artesia's smiling face.

"He told me that my power would grow
Like the grapes that thrive on the vine," I hummed feeling myself grow with my love with me.

It's time... I smiled softly, seeing them walking inside."Hey sis," I want not a sound of you," singing my part as I saw them both. I don't want her to interrupted my confession later.

"Seriously-" Mirabel grunted at me as she moved inside her room.

I quickly freshen myself up, showering and putting on my best clothes, feeling my nerves tied into a bundle.

"Okay this is it Isabela... don't be such a chicken...." I reprimanded myself. "Tell Abuela that you love another person....and that person.... is ironically the sister I am currently arranged on marrying..." I sighed  biting my lip as I go down greeting the guests.

"Ah Isabela you're here," Abuela warmly greeted kissing my cheek as I felt myself twitch.

"You look beautiful and so perfect for Mariano," Señora Guzman smiled leading me next to Mariano who's face was smiling but his gaze was unreadable.

"Mar, I have something to tell you " I started as he gave me his attention.

"Mi Amor, you don't have to," He responded his voice has a twinge of sadness in them as he hold my hand for a second but releasing it after, gazing on my back....staring.

I followed his sight, landing on the side profile of his sister, Artesia. She looked spectacularly beautiful in her black dress that accentuated her body.

I can see the glittering piercings she had on her ears and a bit of her body tattoo showing on her arms.

It mesmerized me the first time I saw it. Her tattoo is more of a traditional blackwork water swirls, that fluidly hugged her body starting from her collarbone to her arm, back, side and wrapping on her right leg.

I must have fixed my gaze on her for a long time as she turned to meet mine with her purple ones......the necklace I gave to her caught the light and sparkled on her chest.

Proudly announcing that she's mine and only mine.

Now, it all comes down to me.

"Good evening Isa," Artesia greeted me with her normal expression and her soft voice. It feels and looked normal for other people but I oddly feel something is off about her.

Something that makes my heart beat fast.

"Buenos Noches, Mi- Artesia," I blushed almost slipping up as she smiled almost devilishly.

I slapped her arm and whispered. "What ever you're doing.... stop, I need to concentrate," I told her as I resist to pout.

Artesia chuckled responding a small 'okay', rolling her eyes playfully before going to the dinner table.

This is it...

The dinner started when Abuela greeted the Guzman's, Artesia sat between her mother and her brother, she struck up a conversation with Abuela as the food begin to be passed around.Which made Abuela's eyes widen in shock.

She gave Artesia a stern look as they converse in whispers, getting heated as the moments passed. While Señora Guzman was oblivious to it as she was immersed in happy conversations with the rest of the family.

I steeled myself deciding to stop the proposal after dinner. I was eating fine when I felt Mirabel being fidgety on my side, knocking her head under the table  and my cousins with their nervous faces.

"Are you ok?" Mariano gave me and Mirabel a look of concern.

"Everything’s great, she’s just...excited! For you to propose, which you should do as fast as you can," Papi told Mariano as my eyes widen in shock.

"Wai-" I tried to get my word in when Mirabel interrupted me.

"Yes!" She shouted as I glared at her to stop... when she turned my chair to Mariano who was confused.

"Uh, I was actually... gonna..." He trailed off before pondering something.

"You were actually gonna! Great!" She smiled as I panicked.

All things began to overlap, with Señora Guzman asking for a piano, Mirabel dumping Mariano on one knee and flinging herself on the floor.

"Isabela, most graceful of all the Madrigals." Mariano hesitated glancing at Artesia.

"Mar..." I tried to talk again but my voice was overpowered by Mirabel.

"The most perfect flower in this entire Encanto....," Mariano tried to shrugged it off... but broke down moments after.

"I cant..." He whispered in a voice only us can hear, gazing through me. "I know you loved someone more than me,"

I was about to respond when Luisa falls to the ground crying and unable to pick the piano as it slams violently on the floor.

"What is happening?" Abuela said standing up as Antonio's toucan dives forth, almost hiting Señora Guzman.

"Mirabel found Bruno’s vision, she’s
in it, she’s gonna destroy the magic and now we’re all doomed!" Dolores blurted in panic.

We all looked at Dolores shocked and as if on cue Mirabel dived under the table. As the plate of Tio Bruno's vision slide smoothly on Abuela's side of the table.

Then a series of panic, ensued making us duck to dodge Tia Pepa's raging thundering cloud as I unknowingly punched Mariano's nose. I was about to appologize when the cracks spread.

One thing led to another as the Guzmans left with Abuela chasing them for forgiveness.

Mainly Señora Guzman.

I glared and sighed at Mirabel, seriously how can she be so UGH! And I was about to decline too...

I was about to explode as I caught up with Abuela hearing her warning directed to Artesia. "Don't come close to Isabela or else!" She threatened the girl who sighed.

"And Isabela.... you are forbidden to see Artesia," she said turnung to me before trying to see Señora Guzman.

I gave Artesia a confused look as she sighed. "Well, I might have ask for your hand," she chuckled. "Not the best timing but I tried,"

I blushed as I nudge her. "That's my part!" I grumbled, but seeing the mirth in her eyes... I know she would ask for my hand from Abuela again and again.

"ISABELA!" I heard Abuela hissed. "IN YOUR ROOM!" she said as I sighed turning back.

"Don't worry Mi Vida, I'll beg if I have to," she grinned pecking my lips.

"I'll see you later," she lowly whispered before being dragged by Abuela.

"I'll be waiting," I wryly smiled.